Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MR - Time to sell unfortunately...

"M" Specific discussion
MikeMcG

Post by MikeMcG » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:58 pm

As the title says, it is unfortunately time to sell my Z4MR. With a baby on the way, it just won't get used.
It's been 5-6 years of almost faultless ownership.
I think the main thing I've encountered going wrong was the roof motor, which was replaced with a brand new one from BMW and relocated to the boot to future proof it occurring again.
The car is not far off 93k. BMWSH up till about 70k. It has then been looked after by Barkers Autotech in Wisborough Green up to date.
I'll do a decent write up in the for sale section shortly, but I'm trying to get a rough idea on sale price.
She's space grey with heated black leather and the carbon leather dash.
Photos would obviously help so I'll get some done asap.
Being totally honest, she's not a garage queen, there's the odd stone chip, but no dents or dings. Still in great condition though, in my opinion. For a long time she was my only car, although I caught a train to work, so she didn't get used a huge amount during the week, mainly at the weekend.
The front bumper definitely needs a respray. There's the usual road rash and the lacquer has started to peel in places. I popped into a local bodyshop at the weekend who quoted me £350 to spray it. I'm not sure if that's a decent quote or not but I wanted an idea on cost. Plan is to get that done before selling.
I also have a set up used OEM front and rear brake calipers, I always intended on having them refurbished and powder coated but never got round to it.

MOT runs out in November, so I'd put a year on her before selling. She's only ever failed an MOT once (Rear coil springs) which were replaced. Then since that the advisories have been either tyre related or rusted exhaust clamps, which I had replaced with a kit last year.

If I get the bumper resprayed first, I'm thinking of asking in the region of £11,750..................does that sound fair?
It's obviously a bit of a niche market but time is against me a bit and I need to get moving on finding something with more seats! I've been dragging my heals a bit.

Thanks
Mike

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:13 pm

Space grey :? Only 1 UK ZMR in this colour :? now that is a rare one if it is & not silvergrey ?
As for the current sale price / miles / spec etc , without ext / int pics its a stab in the dark but id say your £11750 is a fair place to start off , may be closer to £10k when you hand over the keys depending how long you can wait it out :(

simply for reference viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112959
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:38 pm

That price seems about right. GLWTS & fartherhood. :wink:

JamieZ4C

Post by JamieZ4C » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:08 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:13 pm Space grey :? Only 1 UK ZMR in this colour :? now that is a rare one if it is & not silvergrey ?
Just did a bit of detective work and the one space grey roadster had a piano dash. Suppose it could have been changed, but perhaps the more likely answer is it's a silver grey.

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Be nice to have some pics :thumbsup: