Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Leaky Diff - Help

"M" Specific discussion
alex.baker1989

Leaky Diff - Help

Post by alex.baker1989 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:06 pm

OK so I thought I'd update on this. Managed to get a slot with my local indie yesterday (finally). They confirmed with a picture that the NS output seal was deformed, and that was the reason for oil gushing from the diff. To be safe I asked them to replace both output seals although the other didn't appear to be leaking.

Everything is back together and seems fine now, although I haven't had a chance to properly test the car over considerable distance. I'm expecting the work to quieten the diff down a bit, considering that it now has the right amount of oil in there which is fresh.

All in this cost me £360. This didn't include the pinion seal which was checked and seemed fine. I'm pretty happy with that result and taking advice from here it was the right decision not to drive the car until fixed - especially as I was informed yesterday that a lot of oil was lost!
2006 E85 Z4MR w/ CSL's - Interlagos blue
1996 E36 318IS Coupé - Moreagrün metallic (may sell)

-Tom-

Leaky Diff - Help

Post by -Tom- » Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Good stuff, and that seems a decent price too. Happy driving !
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby