Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which wheel spacers are best?

"M" Specific discussion
Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 am

I want to fit a set of 15mm spacers on the rear and 10mm on the front. What are the best type, make to fit? Thanks in advance.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

frazell

Post by frazell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:41 pm

I run H&R's on mine, 10mm all round, been really happy with them. Just make sure you get some copper slip on the backs so they don't seize themselves on there.

Eibach do some as well I think, they are all much of a muchness albeit make sure whatever you get they are hubcentric. :thumbsup:

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Perhaps a silly question: is there a "technical" advantage in fitting spacers or is it purely for aesthetics?
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

beanie

Post by beanie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:12 pm

I’ve read a few cases where the 10mm eibach spacers have cracked. The H&R are supposedly better at this size and I think all the 12mm are supposed to be fine.
RUBYIMOLACARBON

ga41

Post by ga41 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm

I've had Turner Motorsport 12.5mm spacers for several years now including a few trackdays and plenty of quick mountain driving and I'm very happy with them.
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Fri May 03, 2019 9:28 am

ga41 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm I've had Turner Motorsport 12.5mm spacers for several years now including a few trackdays and plenty of quick mountain driving and I'm very happy with them.
My experience, I had 12.5mm on the front but they rubbed so i moved them to the back where they are perfect. I had tried the 15mm on the back but they were bordering on silly so removed and sold them.

On the front, i tried non hubcentric 5mms... Not worth it so i removed them.

I think you might get away with 10mm on the front without rubbing. I am yet to try this, but do know they must be hubcentric (i.e. like the Mrs, have a lip on 'em :roll: - Love her tho') to avoid judder.

P.S. if anyone wants the 5mm, you can have them for beer money.
E89 35is

ga41

Post by ga41 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:42 am

Papa_Zee wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:28 am
ga41 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm I've had Turner Motorsport 12.5mm spacers for several years now including a few trackdays and plenty of quick mountain driving and I'm very happy with them.
My experience, I had 12.5mm on the front but they rubbed so i moved them to the back where they are perfect. I had tried the 15mm on the back but they were bordering on silly so removed and sold them.

On the front, i tried non hubcentric 5mms... Not worth it so i removed them.

I think you might get away with 10mm on the front without rubbing. I am yet to try this, but do know they must be hubcentric (i.e. like the Mrs, have a lip on 'em :roll: - Love her tho') to avoid judder.

P.S. if anyone wants the 5mm, you can have them for beer money.
For the record im with 12.5mm all around. The fronts rub only on certain tires, my Yokohama AD08 in 235/40/18 rubbed a bit. And the 235/45/18 Michelin Supersports I have now rub a lot but it's only on certain spots which have "self cleared" now :P

The rears didnt rub with 255/40/18 Yokohama AD08 but they rub a bit with 265/40/18 Michelin Supersports but nothing much really so it doesn't bother me.

Another nice feature of the Turner Motorsport ones is they have a small tab that you can use to easily remove them with a flat screwdriver if you're frequently changing spacers. Quite convenient.
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --