Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M-track

"M" Specific discussion
louie12

M-track

Post by louie12 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Apparently my Z4MR has the M track setting (not sure if standard or not?). What does it do and can / should I enable it?
Z4MR silver grey with lots of bits. Now stubby and proud.
Gone: 2007 4 pot Sport. Monaco Blue, cream leather. Whippy and proud.

-Tom-

M-track

Post by -Tom- » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:42 pm

It needs to be done through coding ... see the thread by my good mate Meeko!

It relaxes the traction, and the stability can be toggled to intervene at a chosen YAW angle. Basically when engaged, the car will spin the rears and use the diff in a straight line , whilst letting the car slide the back end out further before pulling it back in. It’s perfect for the dry! :driving:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

louie12

M-track

Post by louie12 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Cheers Tom. I'll check that out. Sounds like something for a proficient track driver. Probably best if I leave alone for now!
Z4MR silver grey with lots of bits. Now stubby and proud.
Gone: 2007 4 pot Sport. Monaco Blue, cream leather. Whippy and proud.

Mangozac

M-track

Post by Mangozac » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 pm

louie12 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:50 pm Cheers Tom. I'll check that out. Sounds like something for a proficient track driver. Probably best if I leave alone for now!
Absolutely not - it allows you to have some fun without letting things go overboard. Track proficiency is definitely not required. Being able to get the rear end out whilst still maintaining a safety net if you screw up helps you to become a better driver. This is a mod that absolutely transforms the car!
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

Argenta

M-track

Post by Argenta » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Count yourself lucky to have it! Congrats!

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M-track

Post by BMWZ4MC » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 am

This transforms the car’s behaviour where the over-sensitive DSC often cuts power prematurely. As Zac has said, keeping that final safety net is really useful on the road, although I prefer it off completely on the track.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone