Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

non complete yesterday at DXB International Circuit

"M" Specific discussion
Vanne

Post by Vanne » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 am

So a bunch of us met at the track yesterday, DXB Autodrome (my local), for a grand day out.
Open track day from 8am to 12 am, open pits and pit lane. :thumbsup:

After prepping the car, installing a new Braille battery and some other hiccups with work, we all met at the brief at 8am, with big grins all around. Had a coffee, talked rubbish with some of the guys and then headed out to the paddock, to do final preps. (camera mounts, wheel nuts, tire px, removing anything loose, and then getting suited up)

The start siren goes off while I am still doing stuff (is it me, or is there always soo much still to do just before hand, like there is never enough time) so cars start heading out, while I am doing tire pressures.. My mate starts egging me on about, come on.. any time now and all that :)

Just about to jump into the car, and all the cars come back in again... seems someone caught on fire on the frisking warm up lap... (they, him and pax got out okay though) so car hasta be removed from the track before we get to go out.. gives me an extra 15 mins to finish what ever I was doing and have a quick coffee before donning the helmet.

Great!! :D

we head out and (I always) leave traction on for the first 2 laps while I warm up the tires and get into the groove of things, while other guys are fanging on past me on cold rubber. One guy even chucks itinside me on turn 6 (on the freaking warmup lap) :rofl: (guy in a BRZ, or 86, hard to tell those apart)

after passing the start stop for the 2nd time, I turn off everything (including aircon :P l which I have had nicely running up to now to give me some cool cool breeze :) and proceed to get on the throttle. Car is handling like a complete dream, and more so after a few laps, when the tires are really up to heat/px.

I come in after 3 or 4 laps and get my mate to remove the tow hook (which has come astray from its position in the boot, my fault, should have checked it before hand , remember all those little things you need to do before donning that helmet), check tire px and I head back out.

another easy lap to get tires back up to heat, and then get on it. Turned in some really nice laps, but traffic in the way a lot. Thats ok, thats how it rolls. after I do about 13 laps. (1/2 tank of gas..lol) some okay ones. (2.05)
I start chasing this super charged mini, (I find out later he's on slicks lol) and slowly but surely start catching up to him, but then disaster strikes and on downshifting just before turn 3, the clutch slave cylinder lets go and leaves me stuck in neutral.. :(

I pull off the track just after coasting past turn 4 and remove myself way, way from any position where I or my car might be a hinder/issue...

Lol, I jump outa the car, have a quick look and then jump back in trying to engage the clutch.. nothing.. can't get it into gear at all..
remove my helmet, and do the walk of shame back to the paddock.. lol.. still grinning from ear to ear.. lol

Car gets towed back to the pits, where I then have another look see, and pretty much determine the the clutch slave cylinder.. (car goes nicely into gear when engine isn't running) .. organise a flat bed tow truck and then share the drive home with the tow truck driver, who proceeds to show me pics of his LS2 modded 86 corolla.. lol..

What an AWESOME day!!! :D :D :D. :thumbsup: :w00t:

got home, cracked a beer and will look at the car today... :thumbsup: :w00t:

Last edited by Vanne on Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:58 am

Great vids, sounds like an awesome day. :thumbsup: Get the clutch sorted and pop some spike on. 8) :D

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am

Vanne wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 amOne guy even chucks it inside me at turn 6
Whoah, what kind of track day was this??? :rofl:

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:42 am

Love it. Good post, great attitude. :)
greg81 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am
Vanne wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 amOne guy even chucks it inside me at turn 6
Whoah, what kind of track day was this??? :rofl:
Haha!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Lucky man Vanne, please post more vids
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Looney

Post by Looney » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:28 pm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 am

Lol thx guys. yeah it was an AWESOME day, really was..
Clutch slave cylinder ordered.. waiting for it to arrive and then get under it. It will however mean ill miss my track day on the 30th.. :(, but ill make my next one after that on the 5th... hopefully. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3