Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dash lights

"M" Specific discussion
mad4slalom

Dash lights

Post by mad4slalom » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi all, dash has thrown up some lights on the m coupe. Iwondered if any here may know causes and recognise symptoms. I have an abs light in orange, the red light that comes on when handbrake is applied is lit orange all the time, the wheel with brakes is lit orange and the red triangle light that comes on when you turn off traction control is lit. I have noticed that the hill start assist is not working, I am presuming this is maybe because the abs light is on ? A couple of weeks ago I had a stuck rear wheel as put it away wet , when i revved it to unstick it i spun a rear wheel which spun the vinyl floor of my air chamber up under the car. This is firrst trip since then , I wonder if spinninf that up may have dislodged the brake wear sensor wire as none of these lights were there when I used it prior to starting it this time ? Anyone had similar lights :thumbsup: thank you ‘s

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Dash lights

Post by ph001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Its more likely the abs sensor rather than the brake wear sensor. Need to take the wheel off and inspect.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

mad4slalom

Dash lights

Post by mad4slalom » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

ph001 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm Its more likely the abs sensor rather than the brake wear sensor. Need to take the wheel off and inspect.
Thanks for that 001, I will have a look.