Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuel Pressure Measurement

"M" Specific discussion
Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:35 am

Just a quick one guys: does anybody know where to go about measuring fuel pressure on the Z4M? On N52s there is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail. On E46 M3 the valve is next to the fuel filter under the car but on the Z4M the fuel filter is inside the fuel tank.

Anybody know where it is?
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Can't you just decouple the metal fuel feed line at the beginning of the fuel rail and measure it there or on the fuelline that goes into the metal fuel feed line (that has an ordinairy fuel line coupling).

Or directly on an injectorcoupling?
Just decide what's easiest regarding the adapters that come with your fuel gauge kit.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 pm

GuidoK wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:19 pm Can't you just decouple the metal fuel feed line at the beginning of the fuel rail and measure it there or on the fuelline that goes into the metal fuel feed line (that has an ordinairy fuel line coupling).
Not so easily on the S54 - the line enters the rail underneath between two injectors and isn't accessible without a lot of disassembly due to the idle air bypass rails and other items in the vicinity.

I'm sure the fuel line can be pulled somewhere but it's just a pain and much more preferable to use an actual fuel pressure measurement point ;)
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR