Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Owner recommendation - suspension

"M" Specific discussion
KevinC

Post by KevinC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Viren wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm
If your paying someone to install it might work out better to replace the shocks as well in the long run.... just a thought.
Without a doubt. Those original stockers MUST be shot by now. Would be a shame to go through all the labor/cost of replacing the springs and leaving them in place, only to need to turn right around and do the job over again to refresh the shocks. Well worth biting the bullet and doing the whole job properly now, IMHO.
--
'08 Z4 M Coupé
'19 Golf R

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 am

I ran Eibachs with OEM shocks and CSLs for a while and the car really struggled with tramlining on rough surfaces. The size of the wheels and lots of negative camber made things worse than they would have been if I’d stuck to the 18” 224s and standard geometry, but in your position I’d still consider the b12 kit given the positive reviews of others here.

My set up was for track purposes and it certainly reduced understeer despite the poor road manners. I’ve moved on to KW Clubsports and the track performance is now incredible but I’d only recommend them for a track-focused car unless you know a good dentist who can fix all the teeth you’ll break from potholes :D
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:26 am

KevinC wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:24 pm
Viren wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm
If your paying someone to install it might work out better to replace the shocks as well in the long run.... just a thought.
Without a doubt. Those original stockers MUST be shot by now. Would be a shame to go through all the labor/cost of replacing the springs and leaving them in place, only to need to turn right around and do the job over again to refresh the shocks. Well worth biting the bullet and doing the whole job properly now, IMHO.
Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR