Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake Caliper refurb

"M" Specific discussion
Truth

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by Truth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Looking at refurbing my front calipers in the new year. Have found this kit. Just want any tips or if anyone has used this kit or if anyone has any other kits they know of or have used. Cheers in advance.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-M-E85 ... SwXkpbKioe
Z4MC

Spaniarduk

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by Spaniarduk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Hello Truth.
My personal experience is that any kit will perform well. Far more important is the condition in which you particular kit arrives. By this I mean that you inspect very carefully how your kit arrived to you the moment you open it. I replaced mine last summer. Upon opening and inspecting the first kit that i ordered it was clear that the two pistons had been knocking against each other during transport. One dent on the walls of a piston wouldve been enough to render the kit unusable. The fact that there were numerous dinks and dents was even worse. Luckily i reported this to the ebay seller with pictures and they took all responsibility and sent me a second kit, better protected this time.
My only comment on that respect
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

Viren

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by Viren » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 am

I've rebuilt all calipers twice with budweg parts and all fit nicely for me. I reused the piston as it was clean.
07 Z4MC standard spec

Truth

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by Truth » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:18 am

Cheers for that. Will try the kit and check it over carefully.
Z4MC

Wildfire

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by Wildfire » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:04 pm

As above, prep is key. The most recent time, I actually replaced the calipers as it worked out cheaper. Sadly the sitcking caliper has warped my discs, so I need to replace them as well. :(
2007 3.0si Coupe, LED interior lights, Stubby, ZHP, AC Schnitzers, 15mm spacers on the rear. 1993 Modified Pre-Cat TVR Griffith, Ducati Monster 821, MV Agusta F3 675

goon

Brake Caliper refurb

Post by goon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Did mine few years back, just give them a good soak in plus gas and use wire wool to clean and polish the piston and cylinder.