Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

INTA, coding and diagnostic tool

"M" Specific discussion
Spaniarduk

Post by Spaniarduk » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Hello everyone.
Looking for advice and comments regarding BMW diagnostic tools. In particular, but limited to, this one in particular

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2887624986

What are you all using for diagnostic, service and coding apart from Carly - been there, done that, didn't not work and the support was horrid.
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Thats quite a price for hacked software.....

The software you can get for free on the pirated part of the web, and the cable costs about 10 quid delivered!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Diagnostic ... 2995305570

So your link is 450% overpriced :rofl:

I use both INPA and ISTA
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Spaniarduk

Post by Spaniarduk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:56 am

GuidoK wrote: ↑Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm Thats quite a price for hacked software.....

The software you can get for free on the pirated part of the web, and the cable costs about 10 quid delivered!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Diagnostic ... 2995305570

So your link is 450% overpriced :rofl:

I use both INPA and ISTA
Wow! Thanks! I guess it's alright when you know. Glad I asked! I'll have a look.

Is this software package the standard that BMW uses for the e85, e86? Is there anything else out here? Sorry, but I'm very green when it comes to this software diagnosis palaver (like it doesnt show lol)
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:32 am

For the e85/86 you can use both INPA/NCS expert as ISTA-D/P
INPA/NCS is an old software package developped in the late 90's/early 00's (I guess) and ISTA is one of the most modern.

Mind you that the learning curve on these programs (as well as the installation of these (hacked) programs) is quite steep but there are plenty guides all over the global bmw forums. These are unlike carly packages for professional use.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Spaniarduk

Post by Spaniarduk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks GuidoK :thumbsup:
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino