Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M - carrying a few too many lbs?

"M" Specific discussion
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am

Phoenixboy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am it always amused me over the years how much time effort and money people would spend to shave some weight off there bike or car, but did not consider that the vast amount of money they had just spent could easily have been achieved by loosing a few pounds themselves :wink:
I’m not sure losing 100kg is very healthy for most drivers.

Although I have been known to have a big s**t before a track day, and go ou on no more than half a tank of fuel :P
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:57 am

mmm-five wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am
Phoenixboy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am it always amused me over the years how much time effort and money people would spend to shave some weight off there bike or car, but did not consider that the vast amount of money they had just spent could easily have been achieved by loosing a few pounds themselves :wink:

Although I have been known to have a big s**t before a track day, and go ou on no more than half a tank of fuel :P
I agree, and its probably more relevant to the bike world, where people fit numerous lightweight parts to shave a small amount of weight :wink:
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

abar121

Post by abar121 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:57 am
mmm-five wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am

I agree, and its probably more relevant to the bike world, where people fit numerous lightweight parts to shave a small amount of weight :wink:
Yeah, agreed. It does amuse me though on YT shows like TheSmokingTire, where the host and the car owner will probably add a good 1/4 of the weight to some of the cars. Then they wonder why something feels underpowered..
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:43 pm

More done today..

Pulled out the UBER s**t Mk4 Nav and its pop up screen. Ill be setting that thing on fire just for the hell of it.. most useless NAV in the world.. ever..

radio removed..

Door cards next...
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3