Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

To sell already ?!

"M" Specific discussion
Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 am

Just gathering some info and opinions from you fellow z4 chaps !

I’ve got an opportunity to buy a dream car from a friend ... in order to do so I’ll need to sell my z4mc and S2k .

What’s people’s thoughts on price and the market ?

Basics are

December 56 plate
Full history
5 owners
Csl rep wheels
Eibach Springs

In the last 2000 miles it’s had insp 2 , new disc/pads , new maf , coils , paint corrected /ceramic

Tomorrow it goes in for an mot and 4 new mps4s Tyres , also has gruppe m , Grom usb/Bluetooth, m3 strut brace and last week had a full Vanos rebuild inc cam / exhaust bolts from Mr Vanos .

In top condition I’d say

What’s people’s opinions on price ?

Last edited by Bodyboarder on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 am

Oh it’s Monaco blue with red leather /carbon dash

Status

To sell already ?!

Post by Status » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 am

22 k plus but there ain’t the people out there looking or they want to offer silly money,it’s a bit like the Datsun 240/260 scene people think they can get 30 k plus for an old spunker that’s panels done even line up then there are those with LHD imports that seem to think they can ask the same money for a RHD,it’s worth wo5 someone will pay and if you can get yer dream car then go for it

Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 am

Yes probably the completely wrong time to sell it ! After having spent around 3k on it in the last few months I really don’t want to just give it away but appreciate that the costs don’t ad value , just make it more appealing to the buyer .

Vanne

To sell already ?!

Post by Vanne » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 am

more to the point, whats the dream car your looking at letting this go for? better be something real special....
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am

Caymen gt4 ..... my real world dream car :thumbsup:

Mike.

To sell already ?!

Post by Mike. » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am

I'll be honest, in the current climate I think you'd be lucky to get £20k...

Mine isn't too far different and up for £20k, and aside from crazy offers in the £15-17k region and traders offering to SOR it. With the work I've done lately I think is a reasonable price for a well prepped Z4M with minimal/no upcoming cost (New Michelin PSS, Full Inspection 2 with extras while in there, booked in for fresh MOT next month)

Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:51 am

^ .... was thinking 21 but could remove the gruppe m and lower by £500 .... but as you say looks pretty slow in the car market at the moment , but to be fair it generally is leading up to Xmas .

woolybear

To sell already ?!

Post by woolybear » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Bodyboarder wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am Caymen gt4 ..... my real world dream car :thumbsup:
You and me both OP..
I've been looking on the quiet over the last month or so..
And, in reality - your looking at circa mid £70's to £80K & upwards, for a low mileage / decent spec'd car..
Very very nice to drive too :driving:

Good luck with your quest OP :thumbsup:

Bodyboarder

To sell already ?!

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Yes they are big money ... well to me anyway and the fact I’ve put quite a bit into my z4mc doesn’t really help me out much . That’s why I’m not just rushing into it to be honest . As I’d have to sell both my cars , use some of my savings ( obviously keeping some still ) and a small loan to be able to do it . It’s a big commitment .

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

To sell already ?!

Post by Jembo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Suggest you need to ask yourself why you like the Z4M.

The Caymen GT4 will give it a spanking in many areas, will be newer, though in terms of the //M’s
- Classic raw Coupe nostalgia
- Engine sound (especially with a Gruppe) plus a recognised straight 6 design that’s considered the pinnacle of normally aspirated design
- Bangles era timeless shape
- High performance engines which seem good for 150k & above
- the rarity

The porker’s a superb bit of engineering, I’d love to drive one but unsure whether it has an untamed soul that says I’ll kill you if you’re stupid... & I’ll remind you of this every time you drive
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

To sell already ?!

Post by tomscott » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:58 pm

No doubt the Cayman GT4 is a great car but on the road how much better is it in all honestly. For that sort of money there is all sorts of exotica to consider.

Is it worth 50-60k on top, I would say no but then lifes too short and its a decent investment although they have come down some recently.

TBH Z4Ms are worth what people are willing to pay. The ones that are sitting around arent the best combos imo like black on sepang or really safe like black on black. People will argue the opposite for their own taste but just not be my cup of tea. Same that a lot have been on the higher end of the milage spectrum. All appeal to different buyers with different budgets but not much seems to be moving.

The whole market seems to be coming back down to earth. A lot of low volume porsches have seen reductions recently like Boxster Spiders, 12 months ago there weren't many under 90 now there are quite a few in the low 70ks.

I think because not many Z4Ms were made people will wait out for the combo they want and will pay for it. If the buyer is there they go. Good ones last almost no time what so ever.

Ive been waiting for a silver grey on red leather with ideal history and under 55k for a while now. I dont think I will find one tbh so ended up getting a C4S vert instead.

TBH if it has ideal history and is as described it sounds a lovely car. Monaco blue is pretty rare as it is and with red leather must be even rarer. With the spec and the subtle mods and money spent I wouldn't want to let go for less than 22-23 I would probably put it up for £24.5 to settle. If nobody is interested for the value for money I wouldn't sell it.

Problem is the older they are getting the harder it is to find a decent one most for sale have blemishes in history then ones that dont are up for sale for silly money with age related work that needs doing like paint etc with little room to maneuver.

There are loads of average cars which would be fine but unlike the Porsche world where average cars are usually advertised as such there is very little difference in the Z4M world. You could spend 10k on maintenance on some of the similar age 911s mine came with 15ks worth of paperwork since 2015 and was priced as such but you could buy the same car for 5-10k less and on the surface you could wonder why but history and paperwork are valuable assets in pre owned porsches doesnt seem to be the same in the Z4M network.

This is a great example

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 5ya&page=1

Face value looks ideal, good spec, age, mileage, combo and price. Been for sale 18 months and got as low as £18999 recently shot back up to £23,000.

Got poor history, missed its run in and didnt have its first serviced until it hit about 15k and it would be really hard to move on.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... New&page=1

This one too was at £22995 now been put up for some reason but got more holes in the history than swiss cheese. Lots of time between services.

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

To sell already ?!

Post by Jembo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Tomscott, think your para here summed it up nicely ‘ I think because not many Z4Ms were made people will wait out for the combo they want and will pay for it. If the buyer is there they go. Good ones last almost no time what so ever’

It certainly was 100% true in my case
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

mark seeker

To sell already ?!

Post by mark seeker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:57 pm

I had a 981 Spyder (GT4 engine) and replaced it with the Z4M, I didn't personally see an extra '£60k' in value at the time, both the Spyder and the GT4 are very mileage sensitive, I feel much calmer about a 2k roadtrip in the MR than I ever would have in the Spyder.

Your MC looks an excellent spec, you've done a lot to make it very desirable, the addition of a fruity exhaust would be the icing on the cake for me. I would be very surprised if that car isn't worth £21k in the current market, if you're being offered less than £20k I would keep it, just me view though.
Current - Ruby Black MR

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

To sell already ?!

Post by MrPT » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:48 pm

£21k seems about right to me too (if you actually want to shift it this side of Brexit). Think about it this way... your selfless act could mean that three people get to own the car of their dreams! :D

You are mad, of course, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't also be tempted by the opportunity to own a Preuninger-era Porsche GT, even if it meant selling the ///M.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone