Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Suspension upgrade

"M" Specific discussion
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Suspension upgrade

Post by MrPT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Bodyboarder wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 pm Thanks Rob ( rally) for the very kind passenger ride in your lovely MR running the kw’s ..... now comes the hard part , justifying it in my mind that they are worth it for my needs :rofl:
What did you think? I never had the stock suspension on mine so only have the non-M to compare to. They are in a different league, damping-wise, but I still wish I had a bit more rear travel.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Argenta

Suspension upgrade

Post by Argenta » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 pm

I’m also a very happy owner of Eibach Pro springs/oem shocks. In my view how the Z4M should have left the factory.
Will however put on the KW V3 kit in a few weeks, as I already have it. Will get back with my 5cents.

Bodyboarder

Suspension upgrade

Post by Bodyboarder » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 am

MrPT wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:48 pm
Bodyboarder wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:33 pm Thanks Rob ( rally) for the very kind passenger ride in your lovely MR running the kw’s ..... now comes the hard part , justifying it in my mind that they are worth it for my needs :rofl:
What did you think? I never had the stock suspension on mine so only have the non-M to compare to. They are in a different league, damping-wise, but I still wish I had a bit more rear travel.
Yes I really liked them ..... but I’m struggling to justify the cost /hassle ! If I need to run 10mm spacers , that means running a slightly stretched tyre , so new Tyres , fitting , setting up properly... and so and so on !

Gets the flame suit ready ..... although I did think they are were very good , the eibach springs for the money are also very good indeed in my opinion, coupled with the new rear bush’s and limiter kit , I think I’ll be happy enough ..... I have ohlins on my s2k and again in my opinion are a step above the kw’s , so comparing the kw to ohlins I’m not sure I’d be happy .

I must be getting old as I’m starting to think more about these big purchases and if for my use they are worth it .