Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front bumper replacement

"M" Specific discussion
JohnV

Front bumper replacement

Post by JohnV » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi,

Any idea of how one goes about replacing the front bumper of a Z4M coupe?

I've got fed up of my neighbours using my front end to guide their car into the space and am on the verge of parting with my car. Mechanically it's been flawless and is pristine inside, but the font end has really suffered (front grills are at risk of popping out, implying its been deformed from the knocks) and I'm struggling to deal with the heartache. Would rather it went to a good home minus my neighbours.

Currently debating whether to fix it prior to sale, or leave it to the buyer (and reflect in price), but want to have an idea what that number would be.

Many thanks.

Dogmatic6

Front bumper replacement

Post by Dogmatic6 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm

I think there is a guide in the how to section? When I had my z4 I followed it to remove the bumber and it was pretty easy for a non mechanical person like me lol.
Z4M Silver Grey with Red Leather

Dogmatic6

Front bumper replacement

Post by Dogmatic6 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Z4M Silver Grey with Red Leather

JohnV

Front bumper replacement

Post by JohnV » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, my initial question was phrased poorly.

Was more wondering how I go about getting a replacement bumper. Is it going to have to be through BMW, or is there a source elsewhere?

Front bumper replacement

Post by sticky » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:36 pm

E bog. I saw 1 or 2 when I was looking to replace for my 3.0 M bumpers were on there

JohnV

Front bumper replacement

Post by JohnV » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any genuine ones (in reasonable condition) available at the moment.

Replica is available (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-FRONT ... SwC19bBn3O), but not sure I want to go down that route?

Will give bmw a call tomorrow for a quote and prepare to pucker up.