Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hot summer and Z4MR prices

"M" Specific discussion
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:36 pm

So this crazy hot summer (yes even in Scotlingland its been warm) got me wondering if its had a knock on effect on the differential prices between roadster and coupe . Basically I was speculating that in our usual lousy wet cold summers potential buyers think its more practical to have the tin top than the rag top -as realsitically there arent many days when one can get hood down . This summer I have been spoilt for choice with the number of nice evenings when its been warm enough to go topless .
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo

NorthernSky

Post by NorthernSky » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

It's these baking hot weeks that I miss a soft top Z, you must be loving that sweet engine note in the sunset with the cloth down!

Some buyers (probably those who want to drive more than stash their M) will certainly want the soft tops more after this endless summer sun. But I reckon buyers with more of an investment in mind won't make a rushed decision to buy soft or hard top M's - they'll want the low mile, well maintained examples regardless of the time of year.

Maybe some might even wait for the opposite effect, hoping to scoop a nice roadster in the middle of winter, knowing the seller may need the cash quickly - picking one up for a grand or two less than what it could sell for this summer!

Who knows... :thumbsup:
...RIP: '04 Midnight blue 3.0i roadster... :cry:

...Hello '07 Midnight blue Z4M Coupe! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Good point there -I waited and bought my M in December for that very reason -the dealer wanted some cash in his books before Xmas so did me a stonking deal
While I think the coupe looks simply stunning I have to say its been nice have the roadster about in this epic weather
There is a definite alure to driving around in the balmy evenings with the roof down -its just a nice experience all round
As its not my daily driver I tuck it away come October as up here its really not worth keeping on the road
Also I live up a mile long farm track which gets very muddy in the fall
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo