Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Engine hesitation

"M" Specific discussion
crustyclown777

Engine hesitation

Post by crustyclown777 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Glad that resolved it. I've just ordered a new MAF, as mine was showing similar symptoms as yours.
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

Bodyboarder

Engine hesitation

Post by Bodyboarder » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:07 pm

..... update

Thought the new maf had solved it , it came back :headbang:

Had all the old coil packs ( previous owner put new ones in .. one was a different make ) ... swopped them all back to the old coilpacks . What a difference.... smoother ( quieter ? ) feels quicker and just so nice to drive ! Went for a proper blast and not one single hesitation. Happy to say the least !... as when it came back a little bit of my heart died :cry:

Lower

Engine hesitation

Post by Lower » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Reset the adaptions in the dme. That will make it go for a while.
57 Z4MC Interlagos blue, Champagne leather, Carbon Dash, SatNav, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Heated Seats, Rear Park sensors, Isofix and airbag disable switch for the ideal family car :)
Now Sold and replaced with a M2

Bodyboarder

Engine hesitation

Post by Bodyboarder » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Lower wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm Reset the adaptions in the dme. That will make it go for a while.
Yes my indie done that but made zero difference to be honest ... clearly a hardware issue , in my case a coil pack ... not worried though , as putting a new maf won’t do any harm and now I know I have a decent spare sat there !

Simon 3.2M

Engine hesitation

Post by Simon 3.2M » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:46 pm

What is the DME?
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

Spaniarduk

Engine hesitation

Post by Spaniarduk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:24 am

Bodyboarder wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:07 pm ..... update

Thought the new maf had solved it , it came back :headbang:

Had all the old coil packs ( previous owner put new ones in .. one was a different make ) ... swopped them all back to the old coilpacks . What a difference.... smoother ( quieter ? ) feels quicker and just so nice to drive ! Went for a proper blast and not one single hesitation. Happy to say the least !... as when it came back a little bit of my heart died :cry:
Sorry, just to clarify... you put the old coil packs back in and it run better?? How does that make sense? :?
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

Bodyboarder

Engine hesitation

Post by Bodyboarder » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 am

^ yes it’s very odd !

All I can put it down to was a dodgy coil ?

The previous owner replaced them all as a matter of preventative maintenance and said there was nothing wrong with the old ones , so thought I’d give it a go .

crustyclown777

Engine hesitation

Post by crustyclown777 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:58 pm

I’ve just replaced my MAF with a new one and it was still hesitant ha. I’ll see what it’s like tomorrow, if not I will look at a new coilpack.
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

RedUn

Engine hesitation

Post by RedUn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Check the TPS if you haven't already, cheapish fix and if you buy 1 new one you can tryit in both places and see if there's any difference :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR

Bodyboarder

Engine hesitation

Post by Bodyboarder » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 am

RedUn wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 pm Check the TPS if you haven't already, cheapish fix and if you buy 1 new one you can tryit in both places and see if there's any difference :thumbsup:
Yes bought a new one .... but it was a coil pack issue , as it’s been faultless since changing them . I’ll be cleaning the icv and will swop out the TPS under there while I’m there :thumbsup: