Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Do I need a new exhaust?

"M" Specific discussion
indeep75

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by indeep75 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi all,

So, looks like I could be in the market for a new exhaust rear section. Some pretty bad corrosion on both sides, missing clamps and broken flanges. Boxes seem ok though there is a little rust in places.

Is this fixable or should I use this as an opportunity to get a new exhaust system. Would usually stick with OEM though how much are we talking about and where is the best place to source?

Aftermarket is always an option though don't want to go too loud, Eisenmann may be a good middle ground (SuperSprint perhaps too loud from what I've heard).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
ZMC.jpg
ZMC.jpg (79.2 KiB) Viewed 964 times
Z4M Coupe Silver-Grey / Light Sepang Leather Extended / Piano Black
Gone: Z4M Coupe Silver-Grey / Imola Red / CSLs
Gone: Space Grey E89 28i

https://www.instagram.com/indeep75_

andystone

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by andystone » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:10 pm

My understanding the flanges are soft steel and can be replaced by a decent exhaust shop. I had a rusted out flange and cost me £120 to sort
2005 e85 z4, 2.5

srhutch

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by srhutch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Looking at them you might get away with the i6automotive flanged of eBay. It look like it’s just the clamp that’s gone.

Snow Mole

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by Snow Mole » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm having both back boxes replaced by Cobra Exhausts in Sheffield.
This will be one of the first that they have done and they have asked if I will post the result on this forum.

I have no connection with them its just that living in Sheffield its the closest to me. The prices we have discussed are VERY competitive but it depends how loud they will be.

The Z4M exhaust is a right mish mash and mine has been welded up many times but let go at Classic Le Mans and is now tied up with French Fencing wire.

Watch this space for the results.

Richard
Rebel without a clue

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by mr wilks » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 am

Snow Mole wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:08 pm I'm having both back boxes replaced by Cobra Exhausts in Sheffield.
This will be one of the first that they have done and they have asked if I will post the result on this forum.

I have no connection with them its just that living in Sheffield its the closest to me. The prices we have discussed are VERY competitive but it depends how loud they will be.

The Z4M exhaust is a right mish mash and mine has been welded up many times but let go at Classic Le Mans and is now tied up with French Fencing wire.

Watch this space for the results.

Richard
Any pics or progress on the boxes ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Mister T

Do I need a new exhaust?

Post by Mister T » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 am

I'd just go with the i6automotive repair flanges for that with a new donut/gasket from BMW and a bit of a clean up with a wire brush.