Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Think I should have test driven one

"M" Specific discussion
robjones888

Post by robjones888 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Get a few miles under your belt and don’t chuck the towel in yet or you will have missed what these cars are all about ,remember top gear and Hammonds disappointing first drive compared to the Boxster ?? But,,,,,once the penny had dropped

Just got back after 2 weeks and 2500 miles driving round France ,Spain and back through France , longest day was 455miles and must say we’ve had a great time in the Z4m really impressed with comfort and performance, it’s what I call a proper car a drivers car you’ve gotta drive it and grab it by the scruff of the neck so to speak to get the best out of it ......if it was a bike it would be a Ducati and anyone whose owned or ridden one will know what I mean....too many modern cars are far to refined and clinical in the way they do things without any feed back to the driver, but, that’s only my opinion

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42 pm

robjones888 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:07 pm Get a few miles under your belt and don’t chuck the towel in yet or you will have missed what these cars are all about ,remember top gear and Hammonds disappointing first drive compared to the Boxster ?? But,,,,,once the penny had dropped

Just got back after 2 weeks and 2500 miles driving round France ,Spain and back through France , longest day was 455miles and must say we’ve had a great time in the Z4m really impressed with comfort and performance, it’s what I call a proper car a drivers car you’ve gotta drive it and grab it by the scruff of the neck so to speak to get the best out of it ......if it was a bike it would be a Ducati and anyone whose owned or ridden one will know what I mean....too many modern cars are far to refined and clinical in the way they do things without any feed back to the driver, but, that’s only my opinion
That's really interesting - thanks!

It sounds like I really should try an M, but seeing as I can't afford one just now maybe I'd better wait! :(

One day...….!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 am

Rally wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:50 pm
Bodyboarder wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 pm Just fitted it :lol:

Went for a blast

Got a boner :oops:
Happens to me every time :oops:
I used to have an ex-girlfriend who liked touching herself in my old 3.0 & telling me to ‘get ready’ - call it ‘//M’ing herself :driving:

Don’t tell anyone...
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54