Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC keeps dropping into 'Man Mode'

"M" Specific discussion
Paull

Post by Paull » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 am

Hi Guys,

Released the M from hibernation last week and after a couple of miles the ABS and traction light came on! Dropped in to a mates and hooked it up to the computer which said the Hydraulic pump was faulty!! On the way home lights went out and stayed out for about a week before coming back on! Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix available? Rang the stealers and they wanted £2100 + Veg for a new one. Probably like most of us on here I often run with the traction off but the ABS is maybe an issue and rather have it right than not. I'm sure any TVR owners on here will wonder what I'm moaning about. Any advice, experiences or contacts would be much appreciated.

z4pilot

Post by z4pilot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:30 am

Try searching for 'ECU testing' on here, they do a rebuild service for the pumps with a lifetime guarantee. With fitting costs etc, should come in at about £500. Had mine done last year at my Indy. Took about a week in total to strip the pump off, send it to Ecu testing in Derbyshire and refit it.
Now Gone - 2008 Coupe, Montego Blue, Champagne leather and Piano Black interior, Eibachs & Koni Sport shocks, Style 230 19s, Eisenmann Quad - approaching perfection...

Bottom

Post by Bottom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 am

ECU testing did mine a couple of years ago, I took the ABS pump out myself, there is a good illustrated guide on here someplace. Turnaround time was less than a week.

Justino

Post by Justino » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Yes, had the same, generally it is the bushes in the electric motor that drives the pump. Lack of use probably makes them stick. The ECU can also go, but the readouts will will show this from the codes.

What ever you do do not use BBA Reman. I sent mine off to be tested and fixed. They said both pump and ECU was faulty, and offered to sell me one for £800 they had in stock. Sounded fishy, dubious claims made on the phone, which I doubted, asked for it to be returned, and they sent back a piece of scrap, rather than the 35k miles mint clean one I sent them. Claimed they'd lost mine. Had to threaten police to get them to pay for a replacement my Indy had. Was annoyed as my Indy had said use them and not ECU testing who are local to me.
2008 Z4MR Silver Grey
2017 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 BiTdi
2003 Clio 172 Cup

Paull

Post by Paull » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. I have contacted ecu testing and they will refurb mine for £195 + vat. I will have a look for the article how to remove and get it sorted. Typical though lights went out yesterday!! but obviously needs sorting though. Thanks again.