Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another Castle Combe Vid

"M" Specific discussion
TomK

Another Castle Combe Vid

Post by TomK » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Well why not, the season has definitely started! The last 1/8th of the track now finally resurfaced was a welcome addition to my first day at Combe this year on monday. It was a really great day as usual organised by bhptrackdays, can't recommend them highly enough if you fancy doing combe, low numbers :)
I only improved a tenth over my best with the old surface at the end, but it was a hot day and I think the geo adjustment I had recently has slowed the car in some situations slightly as I alluded to previously. I would have expected a little more as that (resurfaced) corner (Camp) leads on to the main straight where the final speeds are over 130mph, for sure you can carry a lot more apex speed now.
It's down to a 1:16:8 now which is fairly respectable round there amongst newer machinery :)
Hope to see some more Zs on track over the summer :thumbsup:

The Yokohama AD08-Rs (which this set had previously done the nurburgring and spa trip) continue to look unruffled by the action, excellent tyres I must say for road and track.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Another Castle Combe Vid

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks for posting that clip - it looks like you had a great time!

I love Castle Combe - it's one of the quicker tracks, but not much room for error!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Another Castle Combe Vid

Post by buzyg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 am

Fun for. :thumbsup:

chris83

Another Castle Combe Vid

Post by chris83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Enjoyed watching that!