Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

"M" Specific discussion
Babw

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by Babw » Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Afternoon,

my cars in the garage having an AP brake kit fitted. They noted the rears don't come with braided hoses, what have others done; stay with oem hoses or go for custom made braided ones?

Cheers.

RedUn

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by RedUn » Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm using Stoptech lines, assuming they'll fit the APs just fine?
IMOLA Z4///MR

Babw

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by Babw » Tue May 22, 2018 12:21 am

RedUn wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 pm I'm using Stoptech lines, assuming they'll fit the APs just fine?
My brain wasn’t quite up to speed earlier. If the AP’s were designed for oem hoses then the Goodridge oem replacement braided lines should work a treat therefor some have been ordered, shame they’re made to order so the wait continues.

In other brake related news I waited 6 months (initially quoted 14 weeks) for my front and rear AP kit. The boxes finally arrived.....without the front calipers! Hope to find out what the hell is going on tomorrow.

bradz

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by bradz » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

The rears use a screw to banjo adaptor so you can run stock lines with them, so any braided line spec'd for the car will fit fine.

I'd Personally recommend HEL lines, Great quality and a really fast delivery if you order direct. I purchased some custom lines on a Sunday and they arrived on the Tuesday!
Z4M Coupe, E92 M3, E46 M3 Track car :driving:

Fishy Dave

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 am

I used the stock brake lines, there was never any sponginess. :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

beanie

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by beanie » Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am

Babw wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:21 am
In other brake related news I waited 6 months (initially quoted 14 weeks) for my front and rear AP kit. The boxes finally arrived.....without the front calipers! Hope to find out what the hell is going on tomorrow.
That’s ridiculous, all that time and they still get it wrong!
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Babw

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by Babw » Tue May 22, 2018 11:12 pm

beanie wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am
Babw wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:21 am
That’s ridiculous, all that time and they still get it wrong!
AP have done an internal audit and the conclusion is that my order was accidentally sent to a French Z4M owner who ordered a front disc kit only hence me receiving a front brake kit without calipers. They've contacted the French owner who's denied all knowledge.... I wonder if that owner is on this forum?

AP have agreed to make a new set of calipers and have them ready for me by next week which is fair. Goodridge rear stainless hose kit should be here by then too.

beanie

AP rear Z4M kit hoses

Post by beanie » Wed May 23, 2018 8:30 am

At least there's a reason for it and at least they are dealing with it in the right way :)

Must have been a nice surprise for the French owner!
RUBYIMOLACARBON