Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Having some work done after MOT fail...

"M" Specific discussion
Pures3

Post by Pures3 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Sohailnisar wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am I’ve been thinking about engine mounts and shells for a while too. Following this thread with interest. Pure3 - would you mind giving us an idea of what this will cost?
Not a clue at the moment! I’ll let you know when I get the bill. I reckon £3k plus off the top of my head

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Wed May 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Pures3 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 pm
Sohailnisar wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am I’ve been thinking about engine mounts and shells for a while too. Following this thread with interest. Pure3 - would you mind giving us an idea of what this will cost?
Not a clue at the moment! I’ll let you know when I get the bill. I reckon £3k plus off the top of my head
:thumbsup:

Pures3

Post by Pures3 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:49 pm

RedUn wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 am Ok I was slightly out on the pricing... It's been a while!

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogue-E ... p_270.html

These guys have the rtab bushes too :thumbsup:
EDIT - managed to order Rogue Rear Shock Mounts with sensible delivery...couldnt find any reviews of the powerflex ones....so ditched them.

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm

:thumbsup: the rogue stuff is very good!
IMOLA Z4///MR

Pures3

Post by Pures3 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:51 pm

*UPDATE*

Picked car up last week and carefully drove it home and parked in the garage until today.

Took the car on a local 50mile run through the Pennines, where the car felt completely out of control before the work, now sticks and is completely planted and controlled, accelerating out of corners no longer scares the crap out of me and is predictable, as is overtaking! I was carrying at least 10mph more through corners than before the work. Car feels amazing to drive now! I’m very happy :-)

Shells that came out were not too bad, only one pair had worn to copper. Glad it’s all done. Peace of mind for the next few years and an amazing car to drive now :-)