Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to check whether z4mc was remapped ?

"M" Specific discussion
Rombbb

Post by Rombbb » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 pm

MrPT wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:37 pm A bit creepy, but have you tried tracing the car’s history via forums, past dealers etc? There aren’t many Z4MCs and a remapper might well be a forum-goer.

Check for the phrases “massive difference”, “not more power, but better power” and “worth every penny”.
Car came from germany so have to brush up on my german forum slang 8)

Good suggestion though, will give it a shot, maybe call the garages that serviced it. Wasnt anything on the bills related to flashing/chipping though. Although one garage charged 400,- for diagnostics, reading out the ecu to find a worn in exhaust camshaft that was replaced. Maybe they still have somthing in their log.

Off topic; that is a pretty freaky bill by the way, replaced camshaft, lifters etc. Car only has 50k miles, maybe because of the run in service that was not ticked in the booklet and maybe never done. Cant imagine buying a new bmw and not doing that 1200 mile service though

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

Sorry, but what does CC have to do with having a aftermarket tune? :tumbleweed: I have CC on mine, works fine and dandy, with the tune. Not sure who mentioned it, but unless you have your stock tune file, you have dramas going back, and you'll need someone worth Thier salt to get you back to a base tune.
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

FD3S

Post by FD3S » Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Rombbb wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:38 pm
FD3S wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 pm The only way I know that you can see for sure if the car has a program is to copy the program with the right software and usb cable and compare it with a stock program for Z4M. Only your mechanic can do that and even him maybe be able to do not do it. The simple way would be to try going at higher revs (some programs remain at the same revs as stock), the sport button (some programs use the on off button like the stock), and the speed limit.
Seller said that limiter was removed, just wonder if more was tweaked that might impact the cc. I will research and try to get software. Agree with you that its probably the best way. Intend on keeping the car for long so getting a bit handy with the software wont hurt. Want to be able to read error codes as well instead of paying big bucks for 5 min of work
I can feel you. When I bought the car I was super excited about it. Be careful about the software since not all the softwares can read the all the error codes successfully. Even if the software that you buy can read the error codes, you need a software which can "copy" the software from the ECU and then be able to open it, read it and compare it with a stock file. I believe that you will waste your money on that procedure. Just my 2 cents.

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Rombbb when I got my Z4MR the cruise control wasn't working and bizarrely the fault seemed to be a poor connection where the supply voltage to the cruise control stalk connects into the fuse box behind the glovebox. Removing and reseating the connector pin sorted it out and I've never had a problem since. Just something else to consider, because I agree with consensus that the tune is unlikely to have anything to do with the cruise control ;)
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

Rombbb

Post by Rombbb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Mangozac wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:47 pm Rombbb when I got my Z4MR the cruise control wasn't working and bizarrely the fault seemed to be a poor connection where the supply voltage to the cruise control stalk connects into the fuse box behind the glovebox. Removing and reseating the connector pin sorted it out and I've never had a problem since. Just something else to consider, because I agree with consensus that the tune is unlikely to have anything to do with the cruise control ;)
Thanks will check that out !

Rombbb

Post by Rombbb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm

FD3S wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 pm
Rombbb wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:38 pm
FD3S wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:12 pm The only way I know that you can see for sure if the car has a program is to copy the program with the right software and usb cable and compare it with a stock program for Z4M. Only your mechanic can do that and even him maybe be able to do not do it. The simple way would be to try going at higher revs (some programs remain at the same revs as stock), the sport button (some programs use the on off button like the stock), and the speed limit.
Seller said that limiter was removed, just wonder if more was tweaked that might impact the cc. I will research and try to get software. Agree with you that its probably the best way. Intend on keeping the car for long so getting a bit handy with the software wont hurt. Want to be able to read error codes as well instead of paying big bucks for 5 min of work
I can feel you. When I bought the car I was super excited about it. Be careful about the software since not all the softwares can read the all the error codes successfully. Even if the software that you buy can read the error codes, you need a software which can "copy" the software from the ECU and then be able to open it, read it and compare it with a stock file. I believe that you will waste your money on that procedure. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks, good point