Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Better than an M ?

"M" Specific discussion
Jaw

Better than an M ?

Post by Jaw » Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 pm

JayEmm wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:38 am
Jaw wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 pm I hate how people buy a sports car and then complain about the ride being stiff :|
There is no need for a sports car to be rock hard. It's not a race car. I appreciate some cars need to ride firmly, and there is always a trade-off between comfort and control, but the idea a sports car MUST be super stiff and uncomfortable is simply untrue.

Anyone who disagrees with that I'd heartily recommend try a Lotus Evora then get back to me.

In defence of the ///M, I recall my 996 on sports suspension being pretty similar. Fine on European roads. Not fine on the ones that surround me.
I just find it funny, sports car. 'its a bit stiff'. soften it up 'its so wallowy'. add adjustable suspension. 'well, it's a bit expensive'. (which funnily enough does get mentioned about the evora quite frequently)

Not saying it has to rattle your bones - but equally I just don't get why people are surprised / have complaints about it being stiff when they're sitting in a sports car. I don't think the M is unreasonably stiff personally but then that's partly a preference thing, I don't like supple suspension in a performance car.
Z4M Roadster - Gone but not forgotten
E92 M3 | 981 Boxster S | Corvette C4 | 996 911 Gemballa |XR8 | Whatever else is lurking in the garage