Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4MC - What Manuals & Booklets etc

"M" Specific discussion
survivalist

Post by survivalist » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 pm

I've recently realised that all the booklets, manuals etc have gone missing. Luckily I keep the service booklet with all of the receipts and spare key, so still have those.

Thinking about replacing the missing stuff as it might help when (if) I come to sell the car. Would somebody be able to tell me what was actually supplied with the car? I'm assuming a manual, book for the radio/satnav?

Or do people recon it's a waste of time for a 10 year old car and that a buyer would only care about receipts and service history / proof of maintenance. I'm also guessing that the manuals will be ludicrously expensive from BMW if they still sell them.

Secondary issue is that I don't know the code for the bluetooth, so while my current phone works a new one won't. Do I have to pay BMW a fee to retrieve this? Or is there a free way of finding out.

Thanks in advance

S

mj2k

Post by mj2k » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm

From memory if you pull out the rear carpet the Bluetooth code is written on the module, but sure BMW or an indie can help without great cost, and much quicker.

Mine came with leatherette holder, manual, phone manual, service book and I think sat jab booklet.

Am sure they are are all easily found online and can be saved as a pdf for the new owner.

Receipts and service log are the main things. A few friends have bought cars at auction only a couple of years old & none of them came with manuals,
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE