Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just about to order BCS back boxes....after owners thoughts

"M" Specific discussion
Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello all,

very interesting conversation...I have been toying with the idea of BCS boxes and induction upgrade... I was thinking of the aFe given the exhorbitant cost of the GruppeM and eVenturi.

I am going to be in the USA the second week of July...do you think it is feasible to get one there and take a chance and bring it back in the suitcase?

Regarding GruppeM and eVenturi, any suggestions about how to get them at a more reasonable price?

Thanks for your help!

A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm

If you do what I did and have both a loud exhaust and carbon intake, then you’ll only hear the intake for the briefest moment until all hell breaks looks behind you.

I would think you’d hear any difference between a standard panel filter and a ‘performance’ one - but maybe my ears are not as sensitive as some?
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 pm

mmm-five wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm If you do what I did and have both a loud exhaust and carbon intake, then you’ll only hear the intake for the briefest moment until all hell breaks looks behind you.

I would think you’d hear any difference between a standard panel filter and a ‘performance’ one - but maybe my ears are not as sensitive as some?
I am not sure about my own hearing :D ...
the reason for the intake is that is probably more socially acceptable than the exhaust...and it may make sense to start from "the front" rather than the back...I guess the intake may also provide a modest performance gain?
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

mark seeker

Post by mark seeker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 am

I've gone of for the pipes, fitment will be in the next couple of weeks........if it sounds anything like the videos i'll be smitten.
Current - Ruby Black MR

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:06 pm

mark seeker wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 am I've gone of for the pipes, fitment will be in the next couple of weeks........if it sounds anything like the videos i'll be smitten.
Fine choice 8) not raucous like some aftermarket boxes & give a nice crackle of thunder when you pull off the pedal :)
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo