Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Farewell Z4Mers!

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
tjlazer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by tjlazer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Well today I swapped out of my Z4MC for good today. Rather than write about it I made a little video on my way to the dealer...felt sad to let her go but the new beast really is something too. More on that later but I hope you enjoy my random thoughts after several years ownership with both and sorry about the language and editor border thing, it's all done on my phone so not exactly broadcast standard ;)
[youtube]https://youtu.be/6s68Xf_M9KA[/youtube]
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm

After watching your video, I love your car!

Shame you have to p/x it - if you did tuck it away for 5 years I'm sure it's value would be much more. :(

Good luck with the new beast - I know which car, just not which version. Please let us know!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by MrPT » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Nicely done. Man they sound good... :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy the M5 though. Very good value at the moment - I think most people don't realise quite how ballistic they are.

:o
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by buzyg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:52 pm

By by Zed......Hello?

:worthless:

tjlazer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by tjlazer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:10 pm

It's an F10 M5 and I can confirm it is very, very fast. It is quite unhinged really how quick it is and how effortless it does it. As I mentioned in the video the big loser here with the new breed is feedback and rawness (good and bad) that the zed gives in spades. I had mine on H&R springs with a strut brace (shortly for sale) probably overkill for solely road driving but that's kind of how I do things and a lowered z4m looks much better in my view if you're running stock wheels. They are massively different cars but both share a core M trait of elevating the standard car they are based on into something tangibly different to drive and experience...with a shedload of power on top! Pics tomorrow, too busy driving today!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 pm

tjlazer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:10 pmPics tomorrow, too busy driving today!
Well I can understand that! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

tjlazer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by tjlazer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pm

This car is amazing! If I could have two cars I'd have kept the zed but this car does everything (in fast forward) when you want but more importantly is just as good as a comfortable mode of transport. That's a clincher for me as urban life in my Z4MC had been taking a toll over this long winter...all the best to you all, I'm sure I'll keep tabs on this forum and who knows maybe one day I'll make the Surrey meet! T
Attachments
IMG_20180224_164000.jpg
IMG_20180224_164000.jpg (227.09 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by buzyg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:01 am

:-o You have an ///M with a sun roof. :o

Enjoy... :driving:

Joneeboy

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by Joneeboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 am

Fairwell TJ. have friends in Richmond and will be up there in the Spring, so will look out for the M5. :)

MickAdams

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by MickAdams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

tjlazer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pmThis car is amazing! If I could have two cars I'd have kept the zed but this car does everything (in fast forward) when you want but more importantly is just as good as a comfortable mode of transport. That's a clincher for me as urban life in my Z4MC had been taking a toll over this long winter...all the best to you all, I'm sure I'll keep tabs on this forum and who knows maybe one day I'll make the Surrey meet! T
Just make sure you get the M buttons set up properly with the traction in MDM or off and the throttle in sport plus, leave the steering and suspension in comfort :) Traction control on makes the car feel half as powerful as it actually is :roll: Just be careful though as it can become a bit of a handful once you've knocked it down. Going back to my ZMR feels quite slow after a while driving just the M5 :o

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by Marlon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Great little goodbye video :thumbsup: You'll have to do another in the blindingly fast and quieter? M5 :wink:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

tjlazer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by tjlazer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:09 pm

MickAdams wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm
tjlazer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pmThis car is amazing! If I could have two cars I'd have kept the zed but this car does everything (in fast forward) when you want but more importantly is just as good as a comfortable mode of transport. That's a clincher for me as urban life in my Z4MC had been taking a toll over this long winter...all the best to you all, I'm sure I'll keep tabs on this forum and who knows maybe one day I'll make the Surrey meet! T
Just make sure you get the M buttons set up properly with the traction in MDM or off and the throttle in sport plus, leave the steering and suspension in comfort :) Traction control on makes the car feel half as powerful as it actually is :roll: Just be careful though as it can become a bit of a handful once you've knocked it down. Going back to my ZMR feels quite slow after a while driving just the M5 :o
You're so right about the TC, I put it in MDM mode yesterday and the rear did a little side step as I hit the throttle, OK it was cold but I was in 3/4th gear! The speed you gather on a WOT 3rd gear overtake is completely insane. But yes, damn I'll miss that s54 snarl. Planning some mods to unleash the V8 soundtrack...

MickAdams

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by MickAdams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 pm

tjlazer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:09 pmPlanning some mods to unleash the V8 soundtrack
What have you got planned? I installed an ExhaustMeister in mine, it definitely helps get more out of it cruising around but lets me keep it down when needed to keep the neighbours happy. The F10 is actually pretty loud stock, but the cabin is just really well insulated, so it's hard to get too much sound inside the car without being totally antisocial.

tjlazer

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by tjlazer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:32 pm

MickAdams wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 pm
tjlazer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:09 pmPlanning some mods to unleash the V8 soundtrack
What have you got planned? I installed an ExhaustMeister in mine, it definitely helps get more out of it cruising around but lets me keep it down when needed to keep the neighbours happy. The F10 is actually pretty loud stock, but the cabin is just really well insulated, so it's hard to get too much sound inside the car without being totally antisocial.
Ha! I ride an unbaffled Triumph when it's warmer so I have a different idea of what's anti-social (after 7.30am noise is fine!). I have already tied the valves open!

MickAdams

Farewell Z4Mers!

Post by MickAdams » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 pm

tjlazer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:32 pmHa! I ride an unbaffled Triumph when it's warmer so I have a different idea of what's anti-social (after 7.30am noise is fine!). I have already tied the valves open!
I don't mind being loud in the daytime, and early mornings aren't normally a thing for me, but I do quite often get home at 2-3am which is when I really need the option :P I already occasionally set off car alarms with just the standard exhaust and valves open.