Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding out Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)

"M" Specific discussion
enzoaus

Post by enzoaus » Wed May 23, 2018 7:38 am

Vanne wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:20 am You could feel the brake line being pressurized, I gotta admit though, its uncanny, and rather off putting. Def gonna look into getting rid of the DBC. The HSA isn't an issue for me lol
same to me, the difference in pedal way is not "suitable" for track use.
Has anybody coded out the CBC (Cornering Brake Control) or only the DBC ?
To my mind there is a change in pedal way too e.g. when braking in a double bend ...

thx from Austria :-)

Enzo

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:56 am

enzoaus wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:38 am
Has anybody coded out the CBC (Cornering Brake Control) or only the DBC ?
To my mind there is a change in pedal way too e.g. when braking in a double bend ...

thx from Austria :-)

Enzo
CBC is an integrated function of dsc+ not a separate system like DBC, so all you need to do to disable is it is disable dsc with the normal button. On track I'm sure you must be doing this anyway so perhaps there is something else you are experiencing?
_20180609_115523.JPG
_20180609_115523.JPG (146.01 KiB) Viewed 961 times
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:15 am

TomK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm I find the z4m to be a pretty accomplished car on track with some mods however one thing that has always bugged me is the inconsistency that can occur with the brake pedal in certain situations.
It comes as a result of DBC, you can read about how it works here, suffice to say it can be difficult to modulate the brake when coming off the throttle very quickly.
http://www.bmw.com.kh/asia/en/insights/ ... ke_control
I've looked around on the web and haven't been able to find any one who has removed it on the Z4M, so I thought I'd have a go myself. Digging around it turns out our ecu is closely related to some of the newer e6/8x models and there in lay the answers.
The function you need to set to not active is BB_RAB found in the MK60 ecu.
That's it :) A very nice improvement on initial tests, pedal feel consistent :) I can update in a few weeks after Donnington.
If you wish you can also disable hill start assist which is HSA and also the automatic brake disk dry function for when it is wet by setting TB_BDD to not active.
Thanks Tom :thumbsup: I coded this today (as well as M Track Mode and triple flash turn signals) and it renders the brake pedal response predictable every time, regardless of the preceding throttle position. Heel and toe is now possible at road speeds without headbutting the steering wheel! I'm looking forward to trying it on the track in the New Year :driving:
Of note, the hill start assist continues to function exactly as it always has on my car.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

mpm

Post by mpm » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:34 am

Is there someone who can code this for me if I bring the car to them please? I’m in Berkshire

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:38 am

Bb_rab, is that still functional with the traction control all the way off Tom?
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3