Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice please, wheel spacers vs suspension mod

"M" Specific discussion
Aprilia

Post by Aprilia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 am

Morning, I am new to the forum although I been following you all for some time and impressed by your knowledge and advice. I have had my Z4m for a few years now and have changed from the standard brakes to the Porsche 997 4 pot brembos, steel braided lines all round. Good conversion in my opinion. I had to fit 12mm spacers to ensure that the standard 18” rims cleared the calipers.
I would now like to fit the bilstein b12 kit (I don’t do many track days) and I see that car will drop 10mm rear and 20mm on the front.
If I fit this kit together with the wheel spacers am I likely to get the tyres rubbing on the inner arches?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:14 pm

I've not worked out the offsets but I'd say so over big bumps, will probably need some more camber on the front too
IMOLA Z4///MR

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 am

Ok worked it out, you will have 4mm more clearance than on mine, I.e. They will fit but I'm running 2degrees on the front and I do rub the arch liners (just behind the bumper) on big bumps.

As long as your running some camber it'll be fine :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 am

Hi and welcome. You must also know by now we like pictures. Especially some of the calipers fitted please.

Aprilia

Post by Aprilia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 am

Hi Redun
Really appreciate you taking the time to work it out, many thanks. I will look to the camber settings.

I also see that BC coil overs might be the other way to go. They have camber adjustments as well and of course you can wind the suspension up and down. Similar price maybe a couple of hundred quid more, about 60% of the price that Bilstein are asking for their coil overs. There is the view that you get what you pay for but most of the reviews seem good. I will look to your advice first though.

I’ve attached a photo of one of the rear calipers, I have done about 3,000 miles on them most of them in Germany, Austria and Switzerland last year also did the Nurburgring, no problems, no fade good modulation.

The other great mod was fitting the eventuri intake really makes a nice noise.
Attachments
B633F6AB-F09E-446D-99B1-3943154ABF08.jpeg
B633F6AB-F09E-446D-99B1-3943154ABF08.jpeg (326.27 KiB) Viewed 658 times

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 am

You really need to tippex out the porsche logo :poke: :P

Looking good though and no probs, that's what the forum is for!
IMOLA Z4///MR