Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

News - All of it bad

"M" Specific discussion
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

News - All of it bad

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Yikes that looks a bad one :cry: as said it could have ended a whole lot worse :(
Re the value offered ? I would simply ask them to give you a choice of 2 similar cars to choose from for that money & when they can't show them 2/3 MCs at £17k or more then try for at least £16k if not £17k
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

News - All of it bad

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm

That one's fecked Gary. :cry: Very glad to read that you are not. :) Some rest and some physio and you'll be back walking in those mountains before you know it. The rest is just money. It really ain't as important. :wink:

MefiEcosse

News - All of it bad

Post by MefiEcosse » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 pmHi Rich. I am fine and all the injuries will heal. Will see you again I am sure. I am sure I was more shocked :D

TomK- You have the scenario correct. I was alongside when I saw him start to move over and he clipped my rear quarter putting me in a skid. It was quite a belt :(

Tony- Car has been moved from the local compound as the insurers were being charged rent there. Think it's down near Manchester now. Sorry.
I'm sure you were/are Gary! :oops: I'm totally gutted for you but glad the injuries aren't too serious!
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

Angelus666

News - All of it bad

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Wow....that's horrible, glad you're on the mend, but weirdly comforting to know the cars can take a whack and protect us all!

Will you be looking to buy straight back into another MC...?

Could you negotiate £16k and the car back? The insurers probably won't realise the seats are worth a grand along with the other bits that are still sellable.

Angelus666

News - All of it bad

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:44 pm

jimmybell wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:23 pmVery sad, glad you're OK! really puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Just went through this with my C63, albeit less injury to us!
Was this the C63 you just bought a couple of weeks ago? What happened there?

jimmybell

News - All of it bad

Post by jimmybell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:44 pm
Was this the C63 you just bought a couple of weeks ago? What happened there?
nah had it 18 months, i had sold it and day before collection some people smashed in to each other, then to me. now written off :(

just bought a replacement though :D
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

News - All of it bad

Post by Nictrix » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Sorry to read this Gary, you have made some mess of that but at least you are reasonably ok.
Hope you heal quickly and then you can start hunting for a replacement.
Nicki passes on her best wishes too.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Silverzedtom

News - All of it bad

Post by Silverzedtom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Sorry to read this... glad you’re ‘ok’.

I’d push for more, nothing to lose so may as well try.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

News - All of it bad

Post by firebobby » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 pm

They are some sad photos, hope you make a full recovery.
Non of the other cars had dash cams ?? No CCTV along the road to or from the smash scene ? Just, they may have picked up the damaged car escaping.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Angelus666

News - All of it bad

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Come to think of it, we could all create adverts for our MC's and list them at £30k to help the OP get a higher value for his car! #forumpower

AndyBeech

News - All of it bad

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Damn that's a bad one :( Main thing in those situations you made it out without any lasting injury, never pleasant though, good luck with the insurance and recovery.
TomK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 pm It always makes me slightly cringe when attempting the same as I am well aware there may be a total knob head who doesn't look in the rear view before going for the overtake.
One technique you can use is when you pop out for an overtake in a line of cars and it looks a bit dodgy (someone else looking for an overtake for example), hold your full beams on for a few seconds. Yeah some people might not get what you're doing, but if it catches their eye in the mirror that's all you need to achieve. Sadly some people will probably see it as antagonistic but, that's their problem. Though best to use it only when feel necessary rather than routinely!
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

pvr
Legend
Legend

News - All of it bad

Post by pvr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear that, it sounds very similar to this one which was in the news today, again the car not looking before going.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/viral/t ... a_redirect
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TomK

News - All of it bad

Post by TomK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm
TomK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 pm It always makes me slightly cringe when attempting the same as I am well aware there may be a total knob head who doesn't look in the rear view before going for the overtake.
One technique you can use is when you pop out for an overtake in a line of cars and it looks a bit dodgy (someone else looking for an overtake for example), hold your full beams on for a few seconds. Yeah some people might not get what you're doing, but if it catches their eye in the mirror that's all you need to achieve. Sadly some people will probably see it as antagonistic but, that's their problem. Though best to use it only when feel necessary rather than routinely!
Yes I quite agree, I have used that tactic in the past if I am at all unsure. Luckily the CSL airbox in overtake mode announces itself quite nicely, most people seem to scuttle off to the verge :lol:
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

AndyBeech

News - All of it bad

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 pm

TomK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Yes I quite agree, I have used that tactic in the past if I am at all unsure. Luckily the CSL airbox in overtake mode announces itself quite nicely, most people seem to scuttle off to the verge :lol:
:lol: that works too! (Need to come down to Combe and hear one of those in person!)
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Bottom

News - All of it bad

Post by Bottom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Ouch, that looks like a sore one. 😞
Really sorry to see your wee Z in such a mess but glad you’re ok.
Was that on The Lochy straights? I’ve had a couple of near misses there in the same circumstances. So much for our wee run out in the spring. 😒

Gordon