Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

News - All of it bad

"M" Specific discussion
BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

News - All of it bad

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:18 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:21 pm
Nictrix wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm
BMWZ4MC wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 am Sounds quick... I hanker for an R1-engined Westie or one with the F20C from an S2000.
My 2006 R1 will do over 100 in 1st gear so if you can build one and keep the weight down it would be a very fast car.
Hi Stuart. The bike engine cars acceleration is amazing. The bike must be other worldly. I cannot ever have a go as would want one and going with the current arrangement with my partner I would have to move out!!! :D
Westfields with R1 or Hyabusa engines are relatively common, usually with a clutchless sequential gearshift and weighing about 400kg. I’ve not driven one but a passenger ride convinced me that I need to be able to accelerate that rapidly!

As for bikes, I haven’t ridden one since I was 19 when I realised two important things:
1 falling off really hurts
2 I’m an idiot and lack all self control
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

News - All of it bad

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:32 pm

AlfaScozzesi wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm
BMWZ4MC wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 am Sounds quick... I hanker for an R1-engined Westie or one with the F20C from an S2000.
I looked at a few bike engined Westies but you have to be on it the whole time. Fine for a track car but not for a fast road in my opinion. The additional weight of the car over a bike means you need to keep it pinned which is very tiring.

The S2000 engine is in quite a lot of the new FW Westies and is meant to be amazing but the cost was too much for me.

Was a lovely one for sale in the past month but £23k!!
The S2000 engined cars are a crazy price at the moment, I hope that may change one day...

I know what you mean about the bike engined cars, I’ve been told the relative lack of low down torque makes them a pain on the road if there’s any traffic.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone