Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Servicing

"M" Specific discussion
Ethicsgradient

Servicing

Post by Ethicsgradient » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm

All main dealers are the same now , no longer are there experienced mechanics , they have techs instead . Anything beyond the laptop telling them exactly whats wrong with something and they just bin the entire unit and replace . My company car is in ford right now . ABS and Traction control lights on , now it takes no genius to figure out thats going to be wheel speed sensors no sending info to the box . 48 hours later I speak to them on the phone , non of the speed sensors are working and they may have to change the entire underside loom !!!! Now once again anyone with basic rudimentary knowledge would know thats gonna be the volt feed wire thats common to them all broken at some point behind the multipin plug or indeed in the multipin plug . so I know whats gonna happen , I will take bets on this .. They are gonna replace everything infront of that plug , sensors , feeds return the lot .. And its still not gonna work . 3 days they had it now .. its almost a comedy show . Glad I ain't paying .