Z4M future classic...

"M" Specific discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
TomK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Z4M future classic...

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, one sure to please a few of the alfresco crew. Sure you want to be selling yours Dave? :-P
https://www.parkers.co.uk/used-cars/bes ... -classics/
MC IB, CSL intake, Schrick 288/280 cams, SS race bbox, APs, RS-29s, Apex ARC-8, AD08-Rs, Bilstein B12, Turner arms & RTAB limiters, Vibratec mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Sparco carbon w/ 6 point, CDV delete, UUC ssk, M5 gearknob, oem strut

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm
Location: Ayrshire,Scotland

Z4M future classic...

Post by craig3.2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Yes, hope that's the way they go,as it says z3m roadster has been way lower than coupe version for as long as,and jumped up 5-10k in recent times.
Won't be a bargain forever,lol.

Got to laugh at when it says z4m Roadster values in that link show as little as £7500 upto about £20,500.
Where can you even by a cat c for 7.5k,lol??

My 08 has agreed value/independent valuation of 17000.....yet Parker's put it as being worth under 10k.
Good luck with getting a 50k miler with Nav,Dsp,heated seats,etc etc for any less than 15k.
:rofl: :rofl:
Hopefully they are more accurate with their predictions,haha
Image
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

User avatar
pvr
Legend
Legend
Posts: 22267
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: South East UK

Z4M future classic...

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm

You have done an agreed insurance value - but the other 90% of the owners are driving a 10k car (if not less) from an insurance point of view though.
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5 40d - full fat comfort
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Jeep
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)

New car incoming end of March ...

User avatar
TomK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Z4M future classic...

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:07 pm

pvr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:56 pm
You have done an agreed insurance value - but the other 90% of the owners are driving a 10k car (if not less) from an insurance point of view though.

You say that, however most policies state a like for like replacement upon total loss. My 968CS was written off and during the time that I owned it it had increased a fair few thousand. Even though I had stated the original purchase price as the value when signing up for the insurance,upon presenting them evidence of the cost of a similar replacement through ebay/autotrader etc ads they paid out to the market value.
MC IB, CSL intake, Schrick 288/280 cams, SS race bbox, APs, RS-29s, Apex ARC-8, AD08-Rs, Bilstein B12, Turner arms & RTAB limiters, Vibratec mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Sparco carbon w/ 6 point, CDV delete, UUC ssk, M5 gearknob, oem strut

VRSteve
Member
Member
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:36 pm
Location: West Sussex

Z4M future classic...

Post by VRSteve » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm

craig3.2 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 pm
My 08 has agreed value/independent valuation of 17000
Who are you insured with???
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Intravee|Gaptech RCH+|
Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|
E46 M3 Strutbrace|M-Track|Gruppe-M|Machine Monkey Back Boxes|

User avatar
Havard
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: Wigan

Z4M future classic...

Post by Havard » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm

VRSteve wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm
craig3.2 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 pm
My 08 has agreed value/independent valuation of 17000
Who are you insured with???
This?? Our insurance is up at the end of February and would like some comparisons.

Values are a bit of a lottery at the moment. Would like to know what ours is valued at realistically. It didn't get much interest at £15K before Christmas and I would rather keep it than give away an appreciating car, especially as I will only put 2k miles a year on it.

Thing is, it is only worth what a buyer will pay, not what it is advertised for..!!

H.
ImageImageImage

Online
User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10725
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Z4M future classic...

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm

For once a list of future classics were I agreed with every single entry. :thumbsup:

(So expect a nose dive :lol: )
Image

Online
User avatar
Fishy Dave
Member
Member
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Bath, England
Contact:

Z4M future classic...

Post by Fishy Dave » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 pm

TomK wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm
Sure you want to be selling yours Dave?
No :x but house purchase with less parking and a NEED for a V8 mean it will go. Nice to see that they are noticing the M Roadster :driving:
Z4M Roadster, Silver Grey, Extended Leather, Nav, Bluetooth, Cruise, Hifi, PDC, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors.
Exhaust Cutout, Eibach springs + rear ARB, RTAB Limiters, M Track.
Z4 Rep. BMWCC GB

Online
User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10725
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Z4M future classic...

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Fishy Dave wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 pm
TomK wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm
Sure you want to be selling yours Dave?
No :x but house purchase with less parking and a NEED for a V8 mean it will go. Nice to see that they are noticing the M Roadster :driving:
Looking down that list, with my limited perspective on the current values of those cars, I think it's more a list of cars that Parkers considers to be undervalued at the moment , than a list of long term future classics. I guess it's how you term classic. Is it just a good investment. Or is it actually a good car? Hence the coupe is not listed not because it's a worse car than the roadster, but because it's all ready pushing the price envelope compared to the roadster.
Image

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4744
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Z4M future classic...

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 pm

buzyg wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm
For once a list of future classics were I agreed with every single entry.

(So expect a nose dive )
I like them all too - but as I don't own any of them their predictions may well come true! :lol:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
stevo///m3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am
Location: Leeds - you know where it is

Z4M future classic...

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:31 pm

buzyg wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 pm
Fishy Dave wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 pm
TomK wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm
Sure you want to be selling yours Dave?
No :x but house purchase with less parking and a NEED for a V8 mean it will go. Nice to see that they are noticing the M Roadster :driving:
Looking down that list, with my limited perspective on the current values of those cars, I think it's more a list of cars that Parkers considers to be undervalued at the moment , than a list of long term future classics. I guess it's how you term classic. Is it just a good investment. Or is it actually a good car? Hence the coupe is not listed not because it's a worse car than the roadster, but because it's all ready pushing the price envelope compared to the roadster.
Very diplomatically put Buzyg... :thumbsup:
Stevo
'07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
OEMs 19"s-Eagle F1s-Eibachs
Eventuri air-BCS Powervalve back boxes-strut brace-Turner RTABs-Vibratechnics engine mounts-Beisan-tinkered VANOS
43k miles currently
Previous E36 Evo Vert

dannytheduck1985
Member
Member
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:28 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Z4M future classic...

Post by dannytheduck1985 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:54 pm

4 Years ago I said these cars were going to be worth a fair bit of money in the future. Within the next 5-6 years expect to see well kept coupes hit 50k and roadsters around 30k.

With recent engine issues cropping up, how many will make it to the collectable car status
84’ E28 Alpina B9
83’ VW B2 Passat CL
83’ VW B2 Passat CL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests