Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ignition coils - which is the right part number?

"M" Specific discussion
Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi,

my Z4MC has developed a bit of a misfire/reluctance to pick up revs low down in the range. According to my indy it is likely to be caused by an ignition coil being on the way out. I am likely getting ahead of myself here but I started looking at part numbers in case the issue is confirmed. I looked at Real OEM:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=12_1104

and it looks like the BOSCH part(s) #12131712219 and #12137594937 have been discontinued and
the one manufactured by ELDOR #12138657273 is the correct one.

The discontinued ones seem to still be available on the market...Can anyone confirm or share what ignition coil they fitted (recently)?

Thanks in advance,
A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Attilio wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm Hi,

my Z4MC has developed a bit of a misfire/reluctance to pick up revs low down in the range. According to my indy it is likely to be caused by an ignition coil being on the way out. I am likely getting ahead of myself here but I started looking at part numbers in case the issue is confirmed. I looked at Real OEM:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=12_1104

and it looks like the BOSCH part(s) #12131712219 and #12137594937 have been discontinued and
the one manufactured by ELDOR #12138657273 is the correct one.

The discontinued ones seem to still be available on the market...Can anyone confirm or share what ignition coil they fitted (recently)?

Thanks in advance,
A
Either should be fine. I used Bosch just over a year ago, Eldor did replace them as OEM and from what I’ve read are very good quality so either / or would be fine I imagine though I’d get Eldor preferably.
Not so sure on the diagnostic though, what makes him think ignition coils is causing that issue? Not saying it isn’t but...based on what?
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:21 pmEither should be fine. I used Bosch just over a year ago, Eldor did replace them as OEM and from what I’ve read are very good quality so either / or would be fine I imagine though I’d get Eldor preferably.
Not so sure on the diagnostic though, what makes him think ignition coils is causing that issue? Not saying it isn’t but...based on what?
Hi,

thanks for the info. It would seem that the "old" Bosch ones are still available and are in EU while the Eldor seem to be available via USA only (at least on ebay).

Going to get the car properly diagnosed late next week (travelling for work prevents earlier appointment) so hopefully he will be able to determine the cause (fingers crossed not an expensive one)
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:07 am

Hello. Did you get this diagnosed and was it a fried coil pack? Which part number did you go for in end of that was the case?

I took my ///M out yesterday to take to a friends wedding, and she repaid me by developing knackered coil pack symptoms 30 mins into the journey !! I drive her less than 1000 a year !!!

I’ve read the fault codes and I’m getting “29D0” - combustion misfires, cylinder 4.

On ecp I see both the Bosch and Bremi ignition coils but not Eldor.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Anyone ?
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…