Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Are ///M seats different to si sport seats?

"M" Specific discussion
GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I did some digging, and the champagne seats are interesting.
Accoring to the bmw parts catalog, there is only one champagne seat, for prefacelift cars, facelift cars and z4m
Individual walknappa champagne with interiorcode LLCM and LPCM (one is extended the other not), both with the same partnumbers.
52107918237 for the backrest.

However in the bmwzroadster site you see this interior with the z4m:

And at the z4 individual this interior:

So which one has which partnumbers if there is only 1 traceable partnumber?!?
On the bmwz4 roadster they state LLCM/LPCM also for that z4 individual interor.
So that is really dodgy. One of those interiors has interior parts that have no traceable partnumbers (big bummer if you want to replace if one is broken/damaged....)

The parts also dont show a revision date or so. same partnumbers since introduction. OR is one of those interiors NOT champagne (and then that bmwz4roadster site is incorrect with the data)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

No I figured it out, that bmwz4roadster site has its info wrong:

What they list at the z4m interiors as champagne is in reality the light variant of the sepang bronze:
And indeed those are z4m style seats.

The champagne seats in the z4m are definately z4 m sportsseats, just as they are in the non m individual models:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44894&p=644066&hili ... ne#p644066
Thats why the never have the m embossed logo I presume, because the same seats are also fitted in non M z4's

So it turns out that the bmw parts system hasnt made a fault and that all parts are traceable again.
Anyone with champagne seats can stop holding their breaths now.... :lol:
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am

GuidoK wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:56 pmI wonder if its this complicated as well on other bmw models where seats look almost identical with the exception of a small stitching seam or a little platch of embossed leather.... :?
Or is it just the z4 ? :rofl:

I think it is

I have an x3 which is supposed to have the X logo embossed in the seats as it’s an Xline model

But .. it doesn’t, as apparently only three of the available seat colours have it

And mine isn’t one of those seat colours
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP