Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Some mods on a Z4M Roadster

"M" Specific discussion
FD3S

Post by FD3S » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Geia sou. :rofl:

Thanks for the advice. I will find dealer who has those software and also do some test with torque pro to see what logs will I get also from this.

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 am

Gday again,

Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you, but have been working my butt off, and a little fun in there aswell. :D

I haven't got my car Dyno'd yet, due to a few reasons, the foremost being time restricted, and the second one being price prohibitive, which id rather spend on parts atm. I will get around to it, but waiting for a BMW club day at a tuners (which do this at a very discounted rate for the day)

Yep, thats the bimmerword IAT prob, but no doubt you've noticed that its a screw in end, and not the click in proper CSL end that you have atm.

Tell you what mate, I have the bimmer world IAT probe at my place (will need to dig it up) and if you like, i can send it to you, you test it, if it makes any difference, you keep it, if it doesn't, you send it back to me. That way you don't have to buy one just to check and then get stuck with it if it isn't any different.. (which i suspect it won't be) (you'll owe me a beer though if we ever catch up :thumbsup: )

Yeah the vac site says that new followers must be purchases when getting anything higher than the 272 cams, I read that too, but a few other M3 sites say it doesn't make that much difference.... not sure mate, i just went with what Shrick said, and bought them, but in hind sight, my mech (who's a pretty good bloke) said that my previous followers were perfect and probably would have gone fine with the new cams) ill ask him about it next time i am at the shop...

Just a heads up mate, installing the cams isn't gonna get rid of your flat spot at 7.1k rpm..

I would try to sort this issue before complicating it with any other parts, did it have the same behaviour before you installed the intake? How clean is the fuel you guys are running there in Greece? when your driving it on the road/track, can you feel the flat spot? or is it on the dyno only?
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

FD3S

Post by FD3S » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Vanne wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 am Gday again,

Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you, but have been working my butt off, and a little fun in there aswell. :D

I haven't got my car Dyno'd yet, due to a few reasons, the foremost being time restricted, and the second one being price prohibitive, which id rather spend on parts atm. I will get around to it, but waiting for a BMW club day at a tuners (which do this at a very discounted rate for the day)
Vanne even answering me with so many details it is something that I appreciate highly. The last days are pretty busy for me also, so forum comes second.
Vanne wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 am Yep, thats the bimmerword IAT prob, but no doubt you've noticed that its a screw in end, and not the click in proper CSL end that you have atm.

Tell you what mate, I have the bimmer world IAT probe at my place (will need to dig it up) and if you like, i can send it to you, you test it, if it makes any difference, you keep it, if it doesn't, you send it back to me. That way you don't have to buy one just to check and then get stuck with it if it isn't any different.. (which i suspect it won't be) (you'll owe me a beer though if we ever catch up :thumbsup: )
I accept your offer under one condition. That if the IAT probe solves the problem I will paypal you the money of it and the shipping cost. In any case if we meet in real life I owe you lots of beers :)
Vanne wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:01 am Yeah the vac site says that new followers must be purchases when getting anything higher than the 272 cams, I read that too, but a few other M3 sites say it doesn't make that much difference.... not sure mate, i just went with what Shrick said, and bought them, but in hind sight, my mech (who's a pretty good bloke) said that my previous followers were perfect and probably would have gone fine with the new cams) ill ask him about it next time i am at the shop...

Just a heads up mate, installing the cams isn't gonna get rid of your flat spot at 7.1k rpm..

I would try to sort this issue before complicating it with any other parts, did it have the same behaviour before you installed the intake? How clean is the fuel you guys are running there in Greece? when your driving it on the road/track, can you feel the flat spot? or is it on the dyno only?
If you ask him about the followers let me know please.

Before doing any modification if you see my first dyno on the first page, before the mods, I believe the problem was still there. When i drive the car yes you can feel it, but my car rarely goes at those revs.

About the gas, in Greece we have 95,98 and 100 octane. I put 95 due to the fact that you can find it anywhere and Randy told me that the maps is for 93,95,98 or 100 so I choose the safe solution. But even I feel it with 100 octane it didn't change the output.

I have planned to do also revalving because I can not think any other problem that causes this dip. The idea gave it Tom.

Also surprisingly last Friday, after 3-4 months, I received a message from Karbonius that they are willing to make a custom snorkel for my car. If we solve this and I have news about it, I will let you know in case you are interested.

ga41

Post by ga41 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 am

Καλημέρα! Why not try a few consecutive tanks of 98 to make sure that fuel is not the problem? It probably takes a few tanks to adapt anyway? I used to always fill up with EKO 100 (i think you have EKO in Greece as well??) for the first couple of years of ownership and in the end it was a very bad fuel... I had O2 sensor fails... replaced them twice! Since then only 98 and it's been perfect. I filled once with 95 because of no other option and the car was running a bit rough so always 98 from then on.
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

FD3S

Post by FD3S » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

ga41 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 am Καλημέρα! Why not try a few consecutive tanks of 98 to make sure that fuel is not the problem? It probably takes a few tanks to adapt anyway? I used to always fill up with EKO 100 (i think you have EKO in Greece as well??) for the first couple of years of ownership and in the end it was a very bad fuel... I had O2 sensor fails... replaced them twice! Since then only 98 and it's been perfect. I filled once with 95 because of no other option and the car was running a bit rough so always 98 from then on.
My friend glad that I hear from you :D The last week I had and 02 sensor failure too. I didn't knew that it can be caused from bad fuel. I will do that as well too and I will let you know about it. At the end of May I will be at our small town again so maybe we can meet for a beer.
Last edited by FD3S on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ga41

Post by ga41 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:43 am

:thumbsup: definitely send a message and we will meet for drinks!
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --