Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Newbie Car buyer

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Aj3000x

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Aj3000x » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi guys,

As the post says im looking into purchasing a 2010 z4 msport, i had a few questions as im having trouble deciding between two ive found.

First off the price between these two is decent theres a 1k difference and i just need some help making my mind up. The cheaper car has all the extras i wanted, heated seats folding mirrors park sensors etc, its the cheaper one but closer to 100k

The more expensive one only by 1k is low mileage around 38k but its only missing heated seats which i would very much like.

First off and im waiting for an answer from the seller i wanted to know why it was so cheap at 38k mileage vs one thats done 100k and its only 1k cheaper not sure if its too good to be true and it has some hidden gremlins. They both look in good shape minus both having a few scrapes on the rims. If anyone can help me fill in the blanks as to why its so cheap at 38k that would be nice.

The second thing is if i were to get the expensive model is it easy to fit the heated seats in? Id like to get a heated steering wheel too just not very car savvy.

On the flip side if i save the extra thousand or just over is there any danger to buying a high milage z4? Theyre both specced with the 2.5l engine.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Oh and I was thinking about doing some upgrades to it, audio, maby get a wrap you guys have any reccomendations in the midlands area?

Beerman

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Beerman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 pm

The first lesson you'll get is M specific section isn't for M Sport models.

A 38k car v a 100k car is a big difference.

You'd probably be better to link the actual cars and let people who know their stuff see.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum OP. :thumbsup:

But as Beerman says, the "M" Specific part of the forum is for Z4Ms, not M-Sport models!

Still I wouldn't be too worried about a 23i with 100K miles - I've got an E91 with the same 2.5 litre N52 engine that has done 136K and is still going strong, but the lower mileage car might be easier to move on when you come to sell it. How long you plan to keep it and how much mileage you are likely to put on it may be factors.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

srhutch

Newbie Car buyer

Post by srhutch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Moved to non ///M E89 section :wink:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie Car buyer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 am

srhutch wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:40 pm Moved to non ///M E89 section :wink:
Jesus Christ Steve one hour 30.....only just in time.... :o

Dodged a bullet there skipper..... :wink:
Attachments
83E21CA0-680F-4868-AA7E-7E95C01B0E82.jpeg
83E21CA0-680F-4868-AA7E-7E95C01B0E82.jpeg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Newbie Car buyer

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:15 am

Welcome to the forum OP. :) Sounds like you have two cars lined up, neither of which fit your requirements. There are plenty of Zeds out there, you can afford the time to wait a little longer or cast your net a little further. Go find the one you really want and enjoy the love affair. :wink:

metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie Car buyer

Post by metal licker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:04 am

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
I would want the heated seats every time and the heated steering wheel is great but I don't know if it can be retro fitted
If your thinking about a wrap one of our members has set up his own business in your area - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=103467
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Crazy Harry

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Crazy Harry » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:23 am

You don't know what to do and neither do we - not without seeing the cars or finding out a little more about them (links to sales adds).

buzyg is right if you're talking about a wrap then neither one is the colour you want. 1K difference but you don't tell us what budget you have might be that the 100K Zed is way over price. Lots of cars out there and part of the fun is the trip to find a good one. New model about to be released so more E89's might come onto the market next year as owners part X.

Have you looked through the forum cars for sale - midlands car here that ticks lots of boxes:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=108025

but I suspect it busts your budget but from your post we have no idea. The guys on here will give you no end of help but unless you tell us a bit more its all guess work - oh and by the way you're supposed to enjoy the hunt so embrace it :thumbsup:

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Newbie Car buyer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am

Aj3000x wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:08 pm Hi guys,

As the post says im looking into purchasing a 2010 z4 msport, i had a few questions as im having trouble deciding between two ive found.

First off the price between these two is decent theres a 1k difference and i just need some help making my mind up. The cheaper car has all the extras i wanted, heated seats folding mirrors park sensors etc, its the cheaper one but closer to 100k

The more expensive one only by 1k is low mileage around 38k but its only missing heated seats which i would very much like.

First off and im waiting for an answer from the seller i wanted to know why it was so cheap at 38k mileage vs one thats done 100k and its only 1k cheaper not sure if its too good to be true and it has some hidden gremlins. They both look in good shape minus both having a few scrapes on the rims. If anyone can help me fill in the blanks as to why its so cheap at 38k that would be nice.

The second thing is if i were to get the expensive model is it easy to fit the heated seats in? Id like to get a heated steering wheel too just not very car savvy.

On the flip side if i save the extra thousand or just over is there any danger to buying a high milage z4? Theyre both specced with the 2.5l engine.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Oh and I was thinking about doing some upgrades to it, audio, maby get a wrap you guys have any reccomendations in the midlands area?
People sell cars for different reasons, so e need to sell, others don’t which reflects in the asking price. Some overvalue their car, others undervalue, it’s not an exact science. As has been said neither car is what you’re ideally wanting so why not hold out for another, they pop up quite frequently so you’ve nothing to lose by waiting unless it’s urgent you get one for work etc, hold on, you’ll find the right one.

Hope you enjoy the forum. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Aj3000x

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Aj3000x » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Cant seem to quote anyone but my budget is around 10k or less, ive spotted this one that im looking at. The seller has said its got no problems just wants a quick sale.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 901926990/

The only thing its missing is the heated seats can i get them aftermarket? Fitted to the factory buttons?

Also move my post if its in the wrong section i thought this was the right place for the msport models.

Also any thoughts on it would be good too and yes i noticed the scraped up rims gonna see if i can haggle down for those.

clarker63

Newbie Car buyer

Post by clarker63 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Heated seats are expensive second hand and relatively hard to fit due to needing wiring made up and coding (I've done it and it took me a few months to work it all out) . Satisfying when it works though! :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=92671
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.

Beerman

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Beerman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Aj3000x wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:15 pm Cant seem to quote anyone but my budget is around 10k or less, ive spotted this one that im looking at. The seller has said its got no problems just wants a quick sale.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 901926990/

The only thing its missing is the heated seats can i get them aftermarket? Fitted to the factory buttons?

Also move my post if its in the wrong section i thought this was the right place for the msport models.

Also any thoughts on it would be good too and yes i noticed the scraped up rims gonna see if i can haggle down for those.

The bumper and wing doesn't align up.. There is a big dent on the front nearside wheel arch and I'm not convinced the paint isn't discoulored in the same area.

The wheels are a mess.

Never buy a car off someone that spells brake break. :lol: The infection is spreading.

Aj3000x

Newbie Car buyer

Post by Aj3000x » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks beerman,

Always worth a fresh pair of eyes, i never noticed the bumper and was very aprehesive about the price considering its such low mileage. I did think it was written off or something havent hpi checked it yet tho but might just save the money now

Also yeah the wheels are ruined was gonna just use that to get the price lowered but might just pass on this one.