Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
srhutch

Re: Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Post by srhutch » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:30 pm

markeg wrote:It works really well Stuart - integrated well with the SatNav (tried flicking between the two, worked fine) Can scroll through Playlists, Albums, Artists and Songs with ease - just need to get up to speed with the rest of it :oops:
Not sure I've found all the features, but have visual display of PDC, auto zoom Nav, auto time adjust and a few others that need testing.

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Easy to fit?
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

VvrooomM

Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Post by VvrooomM » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Auto door lock.

Tapatalking on my iPhone.......
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:Easy to fit?
On a scale of 1 - 10, pretty much a 2, if that (for frustration levels with trim removal). Easy connections at the back, and simple to store away next to the bluetooth module (also added some rubber matting to prevent any squeeks/rattles), most frustrating bit is removing the boot trim (I broke a couple of trim clips, so am ebaying replacements :)). Fed the wire through the centre to the ash tray (which I have temporarily removed whilst I work out a better mounting clip for my iPhone 4s) which involved moving the passenger seat forwards and backwards a few times (electric seats being a definite pain in this instance) to get the wiring under the trim. Connected up the phone, switched power on and all worked first time!
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm

srhutch wrote:
markeg wrote:It works really well Stuart - integrated well with the SatNav (tried flicking between the two, worked fine) Can scroll through Playlists, Albums, Artists and Songs with ease - just need to get up to speed with the rest of it :oops:
Not sure I've found all the features, but have visual display of PDC, auto zoom Nav, auto time adjust and a few others that need testing.
How do you access the extras menu? Does it need a software load?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Unless you have the latest version you won't have the extras menu.

6.02-6409 is the latest I have which came with the extras menu.

Dean

Post by Dean » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Could you link the trim clips as I lost a load doing mine and I can't seem to find the correct ones :|

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Will do Dean - just waiting for them to arrive (ordered three differing types, always helps to have spares :roll: ) and once checked, will link the correct ones.

Dean

Post by Dean » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

Thankyou that's very kind :D

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 pm

markeg wrote:
On a scale of 1 - 10, pretty much a 2, if that (for frustration levels with trim removal). Easy connections at the back, and simple to store away next to the bluetooth module (also added some rubber matting to prevent any squeeks/rattles), most frustrating bit is removing the boot trim (I broke a couple of trim clips, so am ebaying replacements :)). Fed the wire through the centre to the ash tray (which I have temporarily removed whilst I work out a better mounting clip for my iPhone 4s) which involved moving the passenger seat forwards and backwards a few times (electric seats being a definite pain in this instance) to get the wiring under the trim. Connected up the phone, switched power on and all worked first time!
I hope it's that easy! I just bought Daffy's kit that he was selling :thumbsup:

If you could post any pics of how you mounted yours I'd be grateful
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon

VvrooomM

Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Post by VvrooomM » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:27 am

Trim is way beyond a 2 until you have done it before.

Tapatalking on my iPhone.......
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 am

Having fitted 5 of these now, the trim varies from car to car for some reason. Some are dead easy, others are a real pain.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Post by markeg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:
markeg wrote:
I hope it's that easy! I just bought Daffy's kit that he was selling :thumbsup:

If you could post any pics of how you mounted yours I'd be grateful
will do Stuart but am in Moscow at the moment - will do at the weekend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

That'd be marvellous. Enjoy Russia and the incredibly expensive, well everything really!

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Headsup Intravee II Ebay

Post by markeg » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Here you go Stuart, hope it helps.

Firstly fold the roof recess upwards (so the roof can’t be taken down). This frees up the space so the carpet trim can be moved. Remove the hardboard battery cover, then fold the remaining floor carpet back towards the rear of the boot. I didn’t bother removing these clips as I didn’t want to damage them (and they are very fragile)
1.jpg
1.jpg (126.43 KiB) Viewed 779 times
So now the boot looks like this:
2-1.jpg
2-1.jpg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Next I threaded the emergency centre console release button on the rear bulkhead back through the carpet and the underlying soundproofing.
DSCN0824-.jpg
DSCN0824-.jpg (182.61 KiB) Viewed 779 times
I now removed all four retaining clips, two on the left and two on the right, from the sides of the rear bulkhead carpeting
DSCN0825.jpg
DSCN0825.jpg (159.51 KiB) Viewed 779 times
DSCN0827.jpg
DSCN0827.jpg (115.7 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Be very careful with these as they are fragile and easily break. Mine snapped, and I looked at sourcing replacements from eBay. I couldn’t find any and ended up buying some from Sopers. They only cost a couple of quid for four: item numbers are for spacer bush (51478189959) and blind plug (51718137323) which both come in packs of four.

Now gently tweak the carpet from behind the plastic trim – its only folded behind there so should come out fairly easy
DSCN0828.jpg
DSCN0828.jpg (185.36 KiB) Viewed 779 times
DSCN0829.jpg
DSCN0829.jpg (123.3 KiB) Viewed 779 times
The rear carpet and soundproofing should now be easily pulled upwards to gain access to the leads and bulkhead
DSCN0832.jpg
DSCN0832.jpg (103.45 KiB) Viewed 779 times
I held the soundproofing and carpet up by use of rubber-faced clips

I mounted the Intravee and KCA module onto the rear bulkhead by using the thick number plate pads from Halfords – stick well and ensure that the modules don’t rattle against the metalwork. Side view and close up of the leads:
DSCN0833.jpg
DSCN0833.jpg (90.75 KiB) Viewed 779 times
The USB lead is attached to the Intravee and fed through the side so I don’t have to remove the carpeting again to provide updates

I’ll post the threading through to the main cabin and my (somewhat Heath Robinson) mounting affair for holding the iPhone later this weekend.
Last edited by markeg on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.