Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FREE Free to a member in need

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
jack07

Free to a member in need

Post by jack07 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:53 pm

E86 manual diff.3.46 ratio,Has been rebuilt with new bearings and seals last year so will run reliably for anyone who will collect from Swansea free to good home.It sometimes generates noise from the spider gears,and sometimes whines on the overrun,otherwise runs well most of the time.An excellent spare if you have room.Will go for go for scrap next week if no takers.
:driving: :thumbsup: :) This is the car I've been waiting for http://s611.photobucket.com/user/markhorner100/albums

Spriteracer

Free to a member in need

Post by Spriteracer » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:19 am

Hi Jack07.
Yes please if still available. I have been looking for one to rebuild to replace my own whiney one.... I'm based 20 mls beyond Carmarthen from you so not too far away. Only issue I have is that I won't be able to collect for another week or so if that is ok due to recovering from a back injury loading up the racer.... Thanks.
2007 E86 "work in progress"

jack07

Free to a member in need

Post by jack07 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Sods law! Was temporarily on my driveway and then it vanished!I would say that an excellent solution to an E86 Diff is to fit the earlier one from a 3.0 auto,gives the same ratio,and. It definitely fits straight in.Brilliant upgrade too as you get the taper roller bearings which should outlast the car.A nice Quaife when funds permit.
Good luck with your quest
:driving: :thumbsup: :) This is the car I've been waiting for http://s611.photobucket.com/user/markhorner100/albums

Spriteracer

Free to a member in need

Post by Spriteracer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:48 am

Thanks anyway. At least it saves you a trip to the scrappie. Good idea on the alternative - Haven't had time to research it properly yet but is the ratio the same ?

Spriteracer

Free to a member in need

Post by Spriteracer » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 am

Sorry - just seen your comment that the ratios are the same. Thanks again.