Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Eventure or Gruppe M airbox for Z4M

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Eventure or Gruppe M airbox for Z4M

Post by john-e89 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:32 am

woolybear wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:29 pm
john-e89 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:47 pm
woolybear wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:44 pm I've owned my Z4M for over 3.5 years & have chased numerous 2nd hand GruppeM's here, on the Forum - over the years :?

..In hindsight, I've wasted some of my own time :headbang:

..Why pay circa £500-£600 for a 2 / 3 / 4 year old, used 2nd hand item, when you can directly source a brand spanking new one, from the manufacturer - for, not a lot more than Very Strong, 2nd hand / used prices?

Everyone to their own and I fully respect that, not all can stretch to the extra few hundred £'s, to buy new.
Additionally, your playing with international exchange rates also & that, works either in your favour, or against you :!:

Simon 3.2M / other forum'ites: Please, feel free to PM me if you would like further info on how to buy, direct from GruppeM?

Cheers,
Paul :thumbsup:
If you’re suggesting buying from me is a waste of time I’d like you to retract it please.

Purely, for clarity & not wishing to undermine the OP's initial Wanted Ad' thread:

john-e89: At, no stage - have I referred to you; your prior for sale Ad' ( viewtopic.php?f=7&t=124188 ).

There are buyers out there, for used GruppeM intake items - a Couple, on this post alone, - that's your easy market place John :thumbsup:

Equally: There are buyers out there for new GruppeM intake items - I have offered to assist anyone, in that market place - having myself, just purchased directly from GruppeM :thumbsup:
All good thank you. :thumbsup:

I really didn’t know you could get them new for that money, I thought they were 1K and above, my bad. However as TomK says its a non wearing part so unless someone has been careless in fitting one they look and perform as new no matter what the mileage/age. Just imo but I think £525 is a good price for mine, it looks factory fresh.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

mike1

Post by mike1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:06 pm

So, what is the difference between them? Besides the shape, I thought they were basically the same. Is one better than the other? Does one or both need additional hardware? Looking for opinions / input for a future purchase.

Attilio

Post by Attilio » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm

mike1 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:06 pm So, what is the difference between them? Besides the shape, I thought they were basically the same. Is one better than the other? Does one or both need additional hardware? Looking for opinions / input for a future purchase.
hello Mike,

I am in the same boat as yourself: would like to buy one but unsure which one to pick. My personal considerations/opinions:

GruppeM:

- pros: better resale value as it seems to be in more demand and because of its relative "rarity"
- cons: seemingly loud(er), difficult to get, pricey and it doesn' seem to be built that well (the internal face of the "cone" seems fibreglass and not carbon) for the price [I'm probably going to be murdered for saying this].

eVenturi:

- pros: newer design for the filter element, seems to have a better construction (entirely carbon), not so loud, easier and cheaper to get (£660)
- cons: lower resale value (?)

if the above holds true, when considering "new vs new", I think I would prefer to go for the eVenturi...

Let's see what the forum thinks

A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Don't forget if you buy from Japan you also need to pay import VAT and duty (unless you already factored this in?)
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

ShaunKC

Post by ShaunKC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 pm

I have had both and currently have a Gruppe. I sold my Eventui because I felt the noise was too loud across the full range of revs, and didn’t think the sound was that great. At the time I was using the car a lot and the noise got a bit much for me, (always loud) Once I went back to a standard filter I was much happier. Now that I use the car less I decided to have another go but with a Gruppe. Personally I think the Gruppe is a much nicer sound, mellower not as rattley and only seems to start making its presence felt above 3k revs. The disadvantage of this of course is that now I always have to have my foot flat to the floor, so budget in fuel costs if you go down this route :lol: Of course these are only my opinions and as there is probably 2 years space comparing the Eventui to the Gruppe and my memory might be playing tricks on me, however I sold the Eventui and have no plans to do so with the Gruppe. I’m sure many will disagree with me and I’m sure if you buy either you will be happy and if you buy second hand you won’t lose money when you come to resell.

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

RWDKurt

Post by RWDKurt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks for the detailed feedback Shaun - all being well, I will soon be going down the same route!
ShaunKC wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:00 pm I have had both and currently have a Gruppe. I sold my Eventui because I felt the noise was too loud across the full range of revs, and didn’t think the sound was that great. At the time I was using the car a lot and the noise got a bit much for me, (always loud) Once I went back to a standard filter I was much happier. Now that I use the car less I decided to have another go but with a Gruppe. Personally I think the Gruppe is a much nicer sound, mellower not as rattley and only seems to start making its presence felt above 3k revs. The disadvantage of this of course is that now I always have to have my foot flat to the floor, so budget in fuel costs if you go down this route :lol: Of course these are only my opinions and as there is probably 2 years space comparing the Eventui to the Gruppe and my memory might be playing tricks on me, however I sold the Eventui and have no plans to do so with the Gruppe. I’m sure many will disagree with me and I’m sure if you buy either you will be happy and if you buy second hand you won’t lose money when you come to resell.

mike1

Post by mike1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am

Thanks for the input, this is always a friendly forum.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:40 am

Gruppe Ms arent as hard as people seem to think to get hold of there has been one for sale almost every week recently.

One of those things, costs a lot looks nice for limited gain. If you add an airbox and an exhaust it will benefit from being mapped to take advantage of the additional airflow. By the time you've got a good exhaust system and the airbox fitted them and then mapped probably looking at 2k+ for small hp gains. If its just sound and engine bling then 👍🏻

Im on the fence currently. Everything is getting super expensive, I paid £800 for some aero skirts recently that need painting and £350 for an OEM strut brace so again can say the same for those items too.

Ive heard positives and negatives, people seem to keep them short term but some of the longer terms I've heard of MAF issues? Might be wrong there.