Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED A few bits- E85

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

A few bits- E85

Post by bigwinn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:09 pm

Evening all

Anyone help with the following please?

I need some badges- original blue/white BMW roundels- front, back and 2xsides? Plus wheel centres if anyone has any
Gear knob for 5 speed box
Ashtray insert

Drop me a pm or reply on here?

Cheers

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

A few bits- E85

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi Stuart, I bought a new OE front roundel for my E86 on Amazon last year for just over £40. I think you can get 70mm stickers for them but as the roundels are curved I wasn't too sure how well a sticker would fit. Luckily I haven't had issues with the other badges.

As for wheel centre caps you need 68mm ones. You can get them on Ebay and Amazon for £5/6 a set but although they may have BMW stamped on the back they obviously aren't OE parts! I got a couple of sets in 2018 but haven't used them yet as I sold the car and the wheels, but based on what I had read on here I got ones with 10 clips as they are supposed to fit better. And while it seems they may only last a couple of years, at that price they're just consumables!

Gear knob wise you can get a genuine 5 speed ZHP from Cotswold BMW or Sopers of Lincoln for around £50 as they both give a forum discount. I think it's actually an E46 Sport part.

Or you can get something that looks similar but won't be as heavy from aliexpress for £10-15 - depends if you are looking for OE or just an improvement within a budget.

This alieexpress one cost me about £13 a couple of years ago.
Attachments
Gearknob - New.JPG
Gearknob - New.JPG (130.79 KiB) Viewed 231 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

A few bits- E85

Post by bigwinn » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 pm

That’s really useful thank you

Soper are just down the road I’ll give them a try!

Stuart
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me