Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE SOLD Android Touchscreen head unit for E89 £500

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
scottp3000

SOLD Android Touchscreen head unit for E89 £500

Post by scottp3000 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 pm

As previously available in the group buy section - Android powered touchscreen head unit, full details here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=113141

Decided to sell up as although it works as described, its not for me - find myself fiddling with it more than enjoying driving!
To be open with buyer - Only glitch I've noticed that other owners seem to experience are: When using offline maps, GPS pauses for a minute to three minutes to lock on to location - doesn't seem to happen as often or as long when paired to phone.
I can't get my car close enough to pick up my home wifi, so I've had to download apps through my phones data - which is proving annoying as I keep using my data allowance, and as above - the sat nav works better paired to a phone, which is not ideal for me.

Great unit though, fits well and installs easily with the YouTube guide - I've run a 128gb USB drive off it with music, and copied some movies on to the SD card which all run perfectly, and unit sounds great through aux connection. No I-drive controller, but these are now available through various online suppliers now quite cheaply.

Looking for £500, plus postage - which is what I paid for it off a member on here last month. So substantial saving over what they are retailing for without the forum discount.
If you want any pics etc. please ask.
(can be collected from Somerset if you live nearby)
Last edited by scottp3000 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zikim

Android Touchscreen head unit for E89 £500

Post by Zikim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I have sent you a PM

Zikim

Android Touchscreen head unit for E89 £500

Post by Zikim » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:41 am

scottp3000 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 pm As previously available in the group buy section - Android powered touchscreen head unit, full details here:
Did you get my PM with my offer?