Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Wanted, E85 Zenon headlight switch

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
George7

Wanted, E85 Zenon headlight switch

Post by George7 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 pm

Need a headlight switch/control module as mine has failed, grey if possible, black if necessary.
Without headlamp levelling rheostat as this is for halogens
George
X5 30i
530 GT
420 M Sport Plus Grand Coupe-hardon karmon,19" alloys, pro nav, sun roof
Z4 2.5 Roadster, cruise, xenons, sports suspension, red leather, heated seats, heated folding mirrors, aux fitted, 107s, roof motor in boot.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:08 pm

Your wanted Ad is confusing as hell!

Your title suggests you want a XENON based headlight switch - eg, NO headlight level adjustment roller.

BUT you then say "Without headlamp levelling rheostat as this is for halogens" which suggest you still want one withOUT the headlight adjustment roller but then you also say it's for Halogens... but then that would mean you DO need the one with the headlight roller (rheostat) ... so which is it??
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:29 am

Pretty sure the fella is after a xenon switch.

OP is just explaining that there is a switch with a level adjuster, but that is for halogen models only (some people might not know). So he doesn't want that version.
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 am

IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 am

IAmOrion wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:01 am This then any good then OP?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Used ... Swt6NbvHMZ
Just to note, no auto headlights with that switch.

George7

Post by George7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:01 am

You're right guys I was distinguishing between switch types, so that members didn't offer incorrect part.
I've bought the one you suggest but shame no auto function as mine OP, will have to remember to turn on manually now! If I see another later I'll buy another as there's nothing else around, but stealers want upwards of £300 for genuine version.
Just for info, the reason I need one quick is the fault developed with it means I have no indicators or side/main beam lights no hazards with zenons on all the time. The switch is a combined module controlling more than just the lights, when I put cruise control in, it was wired into rear of this as well
Thanks for the help in locating one guys, I could only find ones with rheostats for levelling on fleabay :rofl:
X5 30i
530 GT
Z4 2.5 Roadster, cruise, xenons, sports suspension, red leather, heated seats, heated folding mirrors, aux fitted, 107s, roof motor in boot.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:20 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 am Just to note, no auto headlights with that switch.
Good catch! It was early this morning, so I missed that! ha
George7 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:01 am You're right guys I was distinguishing between switch types, so that members didn't offer incorrect part.
I've bought the one you suggest but shame no auto function as mine OP, will have to remember to turn on manually now! If I see another later I'll buy another as there's nothing else around, but stealers want upwards of £300 for genuine version.
Just for info, the reason I need one quick is the fault developed with it means I have no indicators or side/main beam lights no hazards with zenons on all the time. The switch is a combined module controlling more than just the lights, when I put cruise control in, it was wired into rear of this as well
Thanks for the help in locating one guys, I could only find ones with rheostats for levelling on fleabay :rofl:
I was trying to figure out which one you wanted because I may have one - I have 2 light switches from a previous fascia swap, I just can't remember if they both have the roller wheel or not. I don't think it would be any problem to install one that does have it, just the roller simply wouldn't do anything.

I have Xenons myself, but I bought a halogen light switch originally because I only wanted the plastic cover as mine was knackered, and that was all I could find at the time (There was loads of grey ones, but I wanted Black)... Then I believe I eventually came across a correct one and so bought that. I can't check until late tomorrow night though.... will update Late Wednesday / Thursday morning.
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 pm

As you say h9lds more than just light functions.

You’ll have to code it for mileage otherwise you’ll have the tamper dot come up.

George7

Post by George7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Going to try the non auto one to get light and indicator functionality back, If you've got an auto one for zenons, with a poor condition cover I'd be interested as I could maybe change covers. I will be getting it coded as I'm aware of the tamper dot and link with historical mileage. Thanks for all the help and advice guys, hopefully this can make others aware of at least the importance of the light switch/ module
George
X5 30i
530 GT

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:34 pm

George7 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 pm Going to try the non auto one to get light and indicator functionality back, If you've got an auto one for zenons, with a poor condition cover I'd be interested as I could maybe change covers. I will be getting it coded as I'm aware of the tamper dot and link with historical mileage. Thanks for all the help and advice guys, hopefully this can make others aware of at least the importance of the light switch/ module
George
I have these 2.
D2A464FD-D06F-4DC3-A4CB-0D29E2D288AE.jpeg
D2A464FD-D06F-4DC3-A4CB-0D29E2D288AE.jpeg (411.02 KiB) Viewed 600 times
The one on the LEFT has Auto Lights, plus front and rear fog control. It does appear to have the headlight roller rheostat but not the plastic roller itself. Which I guess doesn’t matter because your fascia would cover it up anyways.

The one on the RIGHT also has Auto lights, only has one fog light control which I presume is REAR FOGS but might be front. This one however does NOT have the rheostat or plastic roller part.

Let me know if either are of use.
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

George7

Post by George7 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Please could I try the left hand one as I have front and rear fogs.
Let me know how much you want with postage and I'll arrange to pay as a gift through PayPal if you give me an email address in a pm if you're happy to do it that way.
By the way the non auto version brought indicators and lights back to normal but like the functionality of the auto switch
George :oops:
X5 30i
530 GT

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:03 pm

George7 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm Please could I try the left hand one as I have front and rear fogs.
Let me know how much you want with postage and I'll arrange to pay as a gift through PayPal if you give me an email address in a pm if you're happy to do it that way.
By the way the non auto version brought indicators and lights back to normal but like the functionality of the auto switch
Just cover postage - which would be about £5 using Hermes with Tracking and signature delivery. I imagine due to to size (counting as small parcel) it'd cost similar price from Royal Mail.

I'll PM you now with my PayPal details etc :thumbsup:
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:43 pm

George7 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm Please could I try the left hand one as I have front and rear fogs.
George - Please check your PMs! You've sent me the £5 postage BUT you've not given me your address! (My message to you is still sat in outbox so writing here too, incase you just missed a notification or anything)
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

George7

Post by George7 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks Nick can you wrap front pcb well as I wouldn't want it damaged after all your efforts and can't seem to disconnect ribbon cable from mine here.
George
X5 30i
530 GT

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 pm

George7 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 pm Thanks Nick can you wrap front pcb well as I wouldn't want it damaged after all your efforts and can't seem to disconnect ribbon cable from mine here.
George
Nick!???? :rofl: My name's James 8) - but yes, it's all wrapped up good an proper, was just awaiting your address :P (received in PM just now thanks)
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22