Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Wanted - boot cover plastic hinge

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
ProfCJJ

Wanted - boot cover plastic hinge

Post by ProfCJJ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Does anyone have, or know where I can get, one of the following plastic hinges please? One of mine was missing when I bought the car and I cant seem to find any (without having to buy the whole cover!). Any pointers most appreciated. I don't mind if its broken as I will fix it/ create a stronger joint anyway.

Best
IMAG0275.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg (261.54 KiB) Viewed 272 times
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Common fault on the E89!, not available separately you have to buy the whole cover, there's a s/hand one on Ebay £200 ouch!. I found a good link on the forum where basically someone had drilled out the three plastic lugs/bolts/connectors and then put it together with 3 bolts. I bought Pack of 6 (enough for both sides), M5 x 30mm COUNTERSUNK CSK SOCKET CAP ALLEN BOLT WITH FREE A4 NYLOC NUTS, SCREWS HEX off Amazon for £2.29. Took me about 15 minutes per side and the finished job looks great.

ProfCJJ

Post by ProfCJJ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm Common fault on the E89!, not available separately you have to buy the whole cover, there's a s/hand one on Ebay £200 ouch!. I found a good link on the forum where basically someone had drilled out the three plastic lugs/bolts/connectors and then put it together with 3 bolts. I bought Pack of 6 (enough for both sides), M5 x 30mm COUNTERSUNK CSK SOCKET CAP ALLEN BOLT WITH FREE A4 NYLOC NUTS, SCREWS HEX off Amazon for £2.29. Took me about 15 minutes per side and the finished job looks great.
Thanks, yes that’s what I intend to do if I find a duff one. In my case the whole thing is missing so I need something to start off with!
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.