Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Scrapping 2005 2.2L E85 SE Sterling Grey

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Ali0191

Scrapping 2005 2.2L E85 SE Sterling Grey

Post by Ali0191 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm

kis wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:26 pm The insurance premium will go up as I said. But the cost of insuring a CAT N will be non-different to a normal car. It's no more of a risk in insurers eyes. I looked into this heavily myself before buying a CAT D (back in those days).
Kis, thank you for all your advice! I have looked into it, you are 100% correct insurance companies don't see it as an issue. However, they want an MOT as an official 'rubber stamp' it is ok to put back on the road, but I have also only had time to talk to one company in my break so likely a one off!
z4pilot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am But breaking it would also be very time consuming?
I was coming from the perspective of its here, come take what you want rather than me taking it all apart etc. But noted about the mods and I hadn't properly considered the implications from my post, thanks.
IAmOrion wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:52 am Depending on the price the insurer wants, I'd be very interested to buy the car outright for £700 off you and either repair of break it myself - seems daft to let it go to a scrapheap heaven
I will likely go down this route mate, whilst referring to the buyer those people who have PM'd for specific parts such as Paully and Machine Monkey.

I have got a lot of PMs so I need to go through all of them, figure out what I am doing and figure out the fairest way. I will likely not know the final say from the insurance company until end of next week as the 'Insurance Engineer' I am dealing with is now on training :roll:

At least if I don't keep the car I know it will be used to help out the forum rather than just scraped! Thank you all for your advice and pointers!

So I have just noticed that I have tried replying to some PMs but they are just sat in my outbox? Where as others are sending...

So some of the info I have been asked for is here:

2005 E85
2.2L
Manual
SE trim
90k miles
Gaptech+
Other than the noted damage it is in good condition
Mainly garaged so roof is well looked after
Roof motor has been relocated and refurbished by myself
Clutch Delay Valve removed
DLV back box
It is the basic radio with 6 cd changer. I have added in Belkin Handsfree/bluetooth audio.
It was brushed aluminium interior, it is now all black.
HID main head light, LED side lights, Philips full beam upgrade (can't remember the bulb but recommended on here)
Last edited by Ali0191 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Ali0191 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
IAmOrion wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:52 am Depending on the price the insurer wants, I'd be very interested to buy the car outright for £700 off you and either repair of break it myself - seems daft to let it go to a scrapheap heaven
I will likely go down this route mate, whilst referring to the buyer those people who have PM'd for specific parts such as Paully and Machine Monkey.

I have got a lot of PMs so I need to go through all of them, figure out what I am doing and figure out the fairest way. I will likely not know the final say from the insurance company until end of next week as the 'Insurance Engineer' I am dealing with is now on training :roll:

At least if I don't keep the car I know it will be used to help out the forum rather than just scraped! Thank you all for your advice and pointers!
Keep me posted for sure please, If I were to buy the car and go down the breaking route, I would give priority to those already asking you for parts in order they asked if that makes sense. Anyways, keep us all posted
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Ali0191 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm So I have just noticed that I have tried replying to some PMs but they are just sat in my outbox? Where as others are sending...
They will sit in your "outbox" until the recipient has read the message
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Looking for panels if you have any? Need to be Dent and scratch free.

Basically, near enough my full car is covered in dents/key marks/scuffs from a brick wall/hit and run damage, so yeah need the lot :lol:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:03 pm

I have seen worse state cars than this parked in Tescos car park, basically the insurers are saying that with what the cars worth and cost of repair, its not viable for them,, if you can get it for £700 off them and find a good body shop, with what they are paying out to you, im sure the figures stack,,

P.S. If you do decide to break, and have a pop up sat nav screen, first dibs please
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:54 pm Looking for panels if you have any? Need to be Dent and scratch free.

Basically, near enough my full car is covered in dents/key marks/scuffs from a brick wall/hit and run damage, so yeah need the lot :lol:
Well this could work nicely I will have the damaged ones and your old scratched ones.
I have also offered to fix the car for the op
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:20 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Ali0191 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Keep me posted for sure please, If I were to buy the car and go down the breaking route, I would give priority to those already asking you for parts in order they asked if that makes sense. Anyways, keep us all posted
I am only really after the free stuff ie the junk dented bits unles mega cheap.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Coffee331

Post by Coffee331 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:21 pm

I’d take the boot lid please if you decide to part it all out. :thumbsup:

jgu80

Post by jgu80 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:53 pm

I’d be interested in the rear bumper.
E85 3.0 SE Sterling Grey

parabolica

Post by parabolica » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:25 pm

OP that damage is identical to what I had (only on the opposite rear wing); mine too was an "uneconomical repair" - bought the car back and bought a salvage wing in the correct colour off ebay for £200 and fitted it over a weekend. Yes it was a pain to do - arch liners off, rear bumper off (actually very easy to do), but getting to the hidden bolt via the boot and having to slacken off the aluminum roof frame was frustrating as hell. But about 5-6 hours all in and it was done; reassembly was much easier - no surprise there.

However if you are going to part out... do you have xenons or halogens? I'm looking for a xenon set as mine are going quite yellow despite refurbing them a few months ago. Also need the interior trim piece for the grab handle on the doors.
Attachments
IMG_0200(1).jpg
IMG_0200(1).jpg (98.56 KiB) Viewed 1013 times

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:47 pm

I'd be interested in helping you raise lots of cash for a new Zed. Both front wheel arch liners please! Happy to pop round to do the removal, if needs be.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:44 am

parabolica wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:25 pm OP that damage is identical to what I had (only on the opposite rear wing); mine too was an "uneconomical repair" - bought the car back and bought a salvage wing in the correct colour off ebay for £200 and fitted it over a weekend. Yes it was a pain to do - arch liners off, rear bumper off (actually very easy to do), but getting to the hidden bolt via the boot and having to slacken off the aluminum roof frame was frustrating as hell. But about 5-6 hours all in and it was done; reassembly was much easier - no surprise there.

However if you are going to part out... do you have xenons or halogens? I'm looking for a xenon set as mine are going quite yellow despite refurbing them a few months ago. Also need the interior trim piece for the grab handle on the doors.
Dont suppose you still have this rear quater? I can give that a nice new home.

EViS

Post by EViS » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Sad to hear, but if it's vulture's you're after, I'm here to be of assistance too! :)

Could I purchase the front bumper (assuming it has fog lights and screen washers), as well as underside tray and n/s (left) inner splash cover (the triangular piece which bolts to the under-tray).

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm

I'll take the bumper mounting brackets to the wings please if they become available.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

GasheadIan

Post by GasheadIan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Sorry to hear of your issue
Hate insurance companies do you over all ways.
If you do break it I am after the r/h lower splash tray the opposite side to what Evis is after if it becomes availabile

Thanks
Bristol ,England - E85 3.0 SE stubby aerial