Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED WANTED: Sports Seats - heated

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
thecremeegg

WANTED: Sports Seats - heated

Post by thecremeegg » Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am

Don't be shy folks, I won't bite :rofl:
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

Johnr32

Post by Johnr32 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Theres a forum member with a few, or so Ive been told. will PM you his details.

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Sadly I feel this forum member's seats are out of my league price wise - £1000 upwards (re-covered to be fair) The search continues!

Seems that a few people are buying all the seats from wrecked cars and flogging them on at £££ - topbmw on ebay is the worst!
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Sat May 05, 2018 12:25 am

thecremeegg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 pm Sadly I feel this forum member's seats are out of my league price wise - £1000 upwards (re-covered to be fair) The search continues!

Seems that a few people are buying all the seats from wrecked cars and flogging them on at £££ - topbmw on ebay is the worst!
Unbelievable
You PMd me out of the blue to ask about seats and when I replied with prices you then say I make money from wrecked Cars on a thread. No reply via pm.
I,m a business. It's my job to make money. I don't advertise on the forum because of this as I think it's unfair without paying a sub to the forum.
I put a lot of work into my seats. I have to purchase them for a start, strip them. Replace or fit new heater pads and recover in new leather. I do not buy from wrecked cars at all.
Your post is the reason I don't sell my seats on the forum. I put them on auction sites in Europe and they go within the hour. I've sold 8 sets this year. If you think my prices are high after all the work that goes into them then I think you will have a long wait for worn untidy seats. I bid £380 for manual non heated seats the other week and they went for over £600. Is that cheap? :rofl: maybe you should have bought them.
Takes about 20 man hours labour to complete at set of seats. Plus leather, heater pads and electric bases. Plus everything else that goes with being self employed. You got in touch with me without any prompting from my side and asked for a price. If it's too much for you why not just leave it at that or at least reply via PM which is where we started in the first place. You didn't have to state my pricing on a thread. I thought it was a PRIVATE conversation.
How silly of me.. :headbang:

Thanks

Russell

Monaco84

Post by Monaco84 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:19 am

Crazy Harry wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm Wasn't there a thread from someone changing/fitting MX5 heating pads into a Z4 seat a few weeks ago?
where can I find the thread?
2009-2016: Z4 3.0i E85 Roadster
2016-????: Z4M E86 Coupé

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 am

409.gif
409.gif (520.32 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu May 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Monaco84 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:19 am
Crazy Harry wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm Wasn't there a thread from someone changing/fitting MX5 heating pads into a Z4 seat a few weeks ago?
where can I find the thread?
Thread found and link sent in PM :thumbsup:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu May 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Anmarube wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:25 am
thecremeegg wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 pm Sadly I feel this forum member's seats are out of my league price wise - £1000 upwards (re-covered to be fair) The search continues!

Unbelievable
You PMd me out of the blue to ask about seats and when I replied with prices you then say I make money from wrecked Cars on a thread. No reply via pm.
I,m a business. It's my job to make money. I don't advertise on the forum because of this as I think it's unfair without paying a sub to the forum.
I put a lot of work into my seats. I have to purchase them for a start, strip them. Replace or fit new heater pads and recover in new leather. I do not buy from wrecked cars at all.
Your post is the reason I don't sell my seats on the forum. I put them on auction sites in Europe and they go within the hour. I've sold 8 sets this year. If you think my prices are high after all the work that goes into them then I think you will have a long wait for worn untidy seats. I bid £380 for manual non heated seats the other week and they went for over £600. Is that cheap? :rofl: maybe you should have bought them.
Takes about 20 man hours labour to complete at set of seats. Plus leather, heater pads and electric bases. Plus everything else that goes with being self employed. You got in touch with me without any prompting from my side and asked for a price. If it's too much for you why not just leave it at that or at least reply via PM which is where we started in the first place. You didn't have to state my pricing on a thread. I thought it was a PRIVATE conversation.

Thanks

Russell
Why must the pricing be kept quiet? If he feels they're overpriced, then that's his opinion to express as he wishes.

I personally don't think 1k is way too expensive if the seats have new leather and heating pads in. They will last years. It would cost you that to get an upholsterer to retrim your existing seats.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

ben g wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Unbelievable

Thanks

Russell
Why must the pricing be kept quiet? If he feels they're overpriced, then that's his opinion to express as he wishes.

I personally don't think 1k is way too expensive if the seats have new leather and heating pads in. They will last years. It would cost you that to get an upholsterer to retrim your existing seats.
Hi Ben,

Basically because I'm a business and don't advertise on the forum and don't pay any subs to the forum.
The last time my seats came up for discussion the thread got locked so it's was just forum etiquette that I didn't want the price disclosed.
I think they are well priced to be fair. My wife is an ex trimmer and does these as a favour for my business in her spare time. I list on eBay Europe and they go within the hour
I got miffed with the forum member because he basically said I buy seats from smashed cars and make ££££ out of them which I don't as lots of hours are spent on recover and heat pads and seat foams etc.
Never even had the courtesy of PMing me to say thanks but no thanks. Bit rude in my book but hey ho.
anyway......Moving on, the next few sets I do I will list on here after having a word with the mods and I will make a £50 donation to the forum on each set sold here..Not sure when that will be but have 3 sets ready for my wife's attention..

Cheers

Russell

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Unbelievable

Thanks

Russell

I think Russell has every right to be miffed, if someone contacted you out of the blue for a price on a private message, then went on a public forum and said what he said, I reckon you would be miffed too, as would I

Another Russell
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Unbelievable

Thanks

Russell
I haven't seen your work/ads etc but I'm inclined to think £1000 for sourcing seats and then doing what you do on top probably isn't too bad at all.
Have you thought about offering an overhaul service to members in the discounts and forum services section. I know your a business but there are other businesses advertising services in there so I can't see it being a problem really. I'd bet you'd get some takers just for the heated seat upgrade alone.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Thu May 10, 2018 8:05 pm

RustyZ4 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm
Anmarube wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:25 am Unbelievable

Thanks

Russell

I think Russell has every right to be miffed, if someone contacted you out of the blue for a price on a private message, then went on a public forum and said what he said, I reckon you would be miffed too, as would I

Another Russell
Thank you Russell.

I'm all chilled now 8) Just been out, roof down, pub fish n chips by the duckpond and a play with an SLK on the way back. Blimey he didn't like bends.... :driving:

Russell

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 pm

MACK wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Unbelievable

Thanks

Russell
I haven't seen your work/ads etc but I'm inclined to think £1000 for sourcing seats and then doing what you do on top probably isn't too bad at all.
Have you thought about offering an overhaul service to members in the discounts and forum services section. I know your a business but there are other businesses advertising services in there so I can't see it being a problem really. I'd bet you'd get some takers just for the heated seat upgrade alone.
I've been trying to talk the wife into doing more for me but think it will cost me. She's busy with other stuff and makes more money doing her thing rather than upholstery. Will have to treat her to something nice soon.
Seats start at 1k and go up to 1.5k for 2 tone colour with embossed headrest dffferent colour stitching etc.

Like I said though I'll talk to forum admin soon and go from their.
Cheers for the support

Russell.

Ronnie3232

Post by Ronnie3232 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 am

Russell,
I am a forum member who has fixed/ restored two set of seats for my zeds I found it expensive to source the foam boasters for base and backs, time consuming to strip and rebuild seats as well as being awkward work with a few curses before they were reassembled.I repaired and reused the leather covers as I had no access to real upholstery skills or materials basically making four seats out of six and obtained quite a good result, not a show winner but a big improvement so I understand your pain. It was amazing how much time it took and would not like to have been paying myself for the time it took. I believe in pricing things before I buy and if I think it too dear I walk but if I like the work I chough up the money,we all have that choice. I got my bits from wrecked cars as it kept costs down and am happy with the results, sorry for my wittering response but basically it’s a “keep up the good work” from me and best of luck with your business. :thumbsup:

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Sat May 12, 2018 7:06 am

Ronnie3232 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 am Russell,
I am a forum member who has fixed/ restored two set of seats for my zeds I found it expensive to source the foam boasters for base and backs, time consuming to strip and rebuild seats as well as being awkward work with a few curses before they were reassembled.I repaired and reused the leather covers as I had no access to real upholstery skills or materials basically making four seats out of six and obtained quite a good result, not a show winner but a big improvement so I understand your pain. It was amazing how much time it took and would not like to have been paying myself for the time it took. I believe in pricing things before I buy and if I think it too dear I walk but if I like the work I chough up the money,we all have that choice. I got my bits from wrecked cars as it kept costs down and am happy with the results, sorry for my wittering response but basically it’s a “keep up the good work” from me and best of luck with your business. :thumbsup:
Cheers Ronnie. Appreciated. :thumbsup: