Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ADV.1 ADV5 wheels for sale

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

I know aftermarket wheels can be expensive and that’s why I’ve not commented on this post. Every 10% reduction in weight seems to double the price.

My e34 M5 wheels were forged (and survived an incident with a kerb that took out the tyre & suspension), but you’d have been lucky to get £1k for a pristine set (and not a set of the cast 5/7 series sport wheels that looked the same). Now that I’d like a set, they’re difficult to get hold of.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

pcube

Post by pcube » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm
:roll: Yes i might but YOU are clearly missing my point .
the OP is offering them up to a general forum with no real information or description as to why they are way over & above any other 19inch wheelset
Its called a "advertisement " , , , its designed to sell a product to someone who may or may not know what a product is
mr wilks,

You insinuate that it is my duty to advertise my product. I just went through the forum rules again and saw nothing which says this. I did my part by describing the item accurately, being honest about its condition, providing clear pictures, stating my asking price, and making it clear where this is shipping from. I am a private seller, but you seem to have confused me with a profit-making business.

If you are not familiar with the brand and its value proposition, no amount of convincing is gonna make you think it is worth the money. My intention is to sell something, not educate people. The information is easy enough to find on the internet.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm

pcube wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 pm
the OP is offering them up to a general forum with no real information or description as to why they are way over & above any other 19inch wheelset
Its called a "advertisement " , , , its designed to sell a product to someone who may or may not know what a product is
mr wilks,

You insinuate that it is my duty to advertise my product. I just went through the forum rules again and saw nothing which says this. I did my part by describing the item accurately, being honest about its condition, providing clear pictures, stating my asking price, and making it clear where this is shipping from. I am a private seller, but you seem to have confused me with a profit-making business.

If you are not familiar with the brand and its value proposition, no amount of convincing is gonna make you think it is worth the money. My intention is to sell something, not educate people. The information is easy enough to find on the internet.
Your product your prerogative
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:11 pm

pcube wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:43 pm
mr wilks,

Whilst there is no doubt, the wheels are of a high quality, and may well be worth what you feel they are.
if you had taken the time, and put a little more effort into explaining what is special about these wheels, you may well have appealed to a wider audience, rather than assume, if anyone who knows there quality,they will do there own research.
just my opinion, but there is a wide spectrum of users on this forum, someone who may fancy a set of top quality wheels, has the funds, but has hardly been made to feel,these sound a stunning set of wheels.
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

pcube

Post by pcube » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm
Wish you held this opinion from the start.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

pcube wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm
mr wilks wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm
Wish you held this opinion from the start.
Scroll back pal , wasn't me who started the party & at no point have I offered any view on the item or the price
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Tbh lightweight wheels aren't worth it at all. It's far better to ditch sprung weight over unsprung weight in the 1st instance. Unless you're chasing laptimes it's not worth it at all... if you're chasing laptimes. ... but an ess kit instead for that kind of cheese.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

piotrZ4

Post by piotrZ4 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am

Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm Tbh lightweight wheels aren't worth it at all. It's far better to ditch sprung weight over unsprung weight in the 1st instance. Unless you're chasing laptimes it's not worth it at all... if you're chasing laptimes. ... but an ess kit instead for that kind of cheese.
people who chase lap times , spend money on suspension ,brakes and tires, and don't waste time supercharging 2.5's

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 pm

piotrZ4 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am
Monkeydonkeyratmagic wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm Tbh lightweight wheels aren't worth it at all. It's far better to ditch sprung weight over unsprung weight in the 1st instance. Unless you're chasing laptimes it's not worth it at all... if you're chasing laptimes. ... but an ess kit instead for that kind of cheese.
people who chase lap times , spend money on suspension ,brakes and tires, and don't waste time supercharging 2.5's
Burn :fuelfire: :fuelfire:

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm

piotrZ4 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 am
No wonder you're still chasing times then. Doing it all wrong.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.