Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pre face lift 3.0 back box for sale (provisionally sold)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm

I have a unmolested perfect working order back box for sale.

As it is £100
With a set of my tips £125
Internal mod £200
Mod plus tips £225
Internal mod and quad system £300
Internal mod plus quad and tips £350

Postage or fitting on top but can be negotiated on. I have been let down by a so called friend who borrowed a little cash. So could do with this gone either way sooner rather than later.

Thanks Monkey
Last edited by Machine monkey on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Zoomer

Pre face lift 3.0 back box for sale

Post by Zoomer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Matt have you got several then
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

basil the dog

Post by basil the dog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Monkey,
Would this fit a 2006 3.0si coupe? And what are the mod's (not the ones on vespas)
Cheers

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Zoomer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pmMatt have you got several then
I basically modded a supplied box for a forum member. Part of the desk was I kept the old one.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm

basil the dog wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:53 pmMonkey,
Would this fit a 2006 3.0si coupe? And what are the mod's (not the ones on vespas)
Cheers
I think they have different hangers? And it may sit too low? Maybe someone who know for sure or better can update?

The standard bmw mod really. The box is a series of chambers the mod dose away with them gives the car a bit more character. It can be done so one of the pipes heads to the drivers side to make a proper functioning quad conversion.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Have you got any pictures of the quad Matt
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm

I have pictures somewhere I have done a few in my time. But not on my phone I don’t think give me some time I will dig them out,

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 pm

So would the "Internal mod plus quad and tips" 'version' look the same as an M quad exit? I recently fitted a Z4M Rear to mine with the intention of saving and getting some kind of quad exhaust built.

(Mine is a 2003 3.0i Pre-Facelift - but with facelift rear lights and Z4M facelift bumper)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 pmSo would the "Internal mod plus quad and tips" 'version' look the same as an M quad exit? I recently fitted a Z4M Rear to mine with the intention of saving and getting some kind of quad exhaust built.

(Mine is a 2003 3.0i Pre-Facelift - but with facelift rear lights and Z4M facelift bumper)
Not the same my tips fill the cut outs better but yes that’s basicly what I am offering. And if I don’t have to cut a bumper (you have an M one already) it’s a win win for me.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Cheers
I think they have different hangers? And it may sit too low? Maybe someone who know for sure or better can update?

The standard bmw mod really. The box is a series of chambers the mod dose away with them gives the car a bit more character. It can be done so one of the pipes heads to the drivers side to make a proper functioning quad conversion.
Yup, different hanging points and heights, also different radius bends as they leave the rear of the box.

Mike

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm Not the same my tips fill the cut outs better but yes that’s basicly what I am offering. And if I don’t have to cut a bumper (you have an M one already) it’s a win win for me.
Where are you located? I’m guessing I’d need to bring the car to you to fit?
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:44 pm
Machine monkey wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Cheers

Yup, different hanging points and heights, also different radius bends as they leave the rear of the box.

Mike
As I thought I had to make brackets to get the face lift box fit on a pre facelift. The bends I could get around but it’s not worth it it’s pre facelift set only will fit 2.2-2.5 too

Thanks Mike

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:22 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 pm
Machine monkey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm Not the same my tips fill the cut outs better but yes that’s basicly what I am offering. And if I don’t have to cut a bumper (you have an M one already) it’s a win win for me.
Where are you located? I’m guessing I’d need to bring the car to you to fit?
Yeah you would really to get it all right. I am in Oxfordshire

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am

This is the kind of thing i am offering. You can have any tips you like mine same size or one big one small or any other tips you want to source.

[/attachment]
QUAD1.JPG
QUAD1.JPG (128.12 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Attachments
QUAD4.JPG
QUAD4.JPG (127.26 KiB) Viewed 693 times

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 am

What does the internal mod sound like? Is it like DLV's one?
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!