SOLD Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Post Reply
User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Having recently purchased the newest BT Adapter along with its additional counterpart adapter allowing me cover all years, my older Carly Cable is up from grabs. Comes with the short OTG cable too.

The Carly Software you'll still have to get from the google play store, although I can send you a copy of the Android Carly for BMW Full 29.20 apk (privately), however please note, I have a legitimate license, so the "cracked" apk or whatever it is that I have, whilst it is from a trusted source, I can not confirm if it works as I've not tested it myself, I have no use for it personally - but it might suffice to get you started, or you can simply install from the play store.

This cost me £32 new (the BT Adapter set has just set me back £56)... however, I'm willing to give this to a fellow member to help someone out, provided they make a donation of whatever they are willing to, and can afford, to the forum. I'll even cover the postage (mainland) :thumbsup:

Please keep all comms here - first come first served

Please note, I have some hospital appts this week, only routine stuff - nothing bad :) , but just means I won't be able to post it until next week as I'm not allowed to drive etc

Images from Google, but most likely people will already know what it is ha
1001.png
1001.png (221.34 KiB) Viewed 186 times
$_86.JPG
$_86.JPG (182.22 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Last edited by IAmOrion on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

synthedup
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Rotherham

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by synthedup » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm

That’s very nice of you! If this is still
Available I would love it :)

synthedup
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Rotherham

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by synthedup » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Ps, I would also be happy to help anyothet member local to me when needed :)

Pss, I hope it’s nothing serious!

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:17 pm

synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm
That’s very nice of you! If this is still available I would love it :)
Ps, I would also be happy to help anyothet member local to me when needed :)
Pss, I hope it’s nothing serious!
Hi Synthedup,

Yep, still available, as per rules and my listing, first come first served - and you're the first 8)

Please post proof of forum donation (as noted in first post, amount doesn't matter, what ever you're willing to donate to the forum), then please PM me with your address details and I'll get it posted out to you ASAP :thumbsup:
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

synthedup
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Rotherham

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by synthedup » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

IAmOrion wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:17 pm
synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm
That’s very nice of you! If this is still available I would love it :)
Ps, I would also be happy to help anyothet member local to me when needed :)
Pss, I hope it’s nothing serious!
Hi Synthedup,

Yep, still available, as per rules and my listing, first come first served - and you're the first 8)

Please post proof of forum donation (as noted in first post, amount doesn't matter, what ever you're willing to donate to the forum), then please PM me with your address details and I'll get it posted out to you ASAP :thumbsup:

Great stuff!

Best to confirm, will this work upto and including a 2006? Just checking :rofl:

Thanks :)

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm

synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Great stuff!

Best to confirm, will this work upto and including a 2006? Just checking :rofl:

Thanks :)
To the best of my knowledge yes, pretty sure 2006 and prior needed this cable - bear in mind I purchased this BEFORE they had a bluetooth version. This cable is no longer available on their site, and so far as I can tell, they've removed all reference to it so I can't even double check compatibility.

What I CAN say though is that I HAVE used it on an 2003 E85, a 2005 E85, and a 2006 E86 so it should work.

Edit: This is what it says on the original Amazon listing (I just viewed my old order details)

"Connection possibilities: Built before 2000: Connection only with round diagnosis socket in the engine compartment (additional adapter necessary)
Built after 2000: Connection only with round diagnosis socket in the engine compartment, if available (Even if 16. Pol. OBD socket under the steering wheel is available)
Built after 2001: Connection with 16. Pol. OBD socket under the steering wheel"

So as long as it's not a Mini R52 you should be fine I think
Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 18.33.44.png
Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 18.33.44.png (123.38 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

synthedup
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Rotherham

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by synthedup » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 pm

IAmOrion wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:32 pm
synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Great stuff!

Best to confirm, will this work upto and including a 2006? Just checking :rofl:

Thanks :)
To the best of my knowledge yes, pretty sure 2006 and prior needed this cable - bear in mind I purchased this BEFORE they had a bluetooth version. This cable is no longer available on their site, and so far as I can tell, they've removed all reference to it so I can't even double check compatibility.

What I CAN say though is that I HAVE used it on an 2003 E85, a 2005 E85, and a 2006 E86 so it should work.

Edit: This is what it says on the original Amazon listing (I just viewed my old order details)

"Connection possibilities: Built before 2000: Connection only with round diagnosis socket in the engine compartment (additional adapter necessary)
Built after 2000: Connection only with round diagnosis socket in the engine compartment, if available (Even if 16. Pol. OBD socket under the steering wheel is available)
Built after 2001: Connection with 16. Pol. OBD socket under the steering wheel"

So as long as it's not a Mini R52 you should be fine I think

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 18.33.44.png

Fantastic, just out in Tesco right now. Will sort the donation later and then drop you a message. Thanks again.

Anyone reading this and are near Sheffield you’re welcome to use it :)

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 pm

synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Fantastic, just out in Tesco right now. Will sort the donation later and then drop you a message. Thanks again.

Anyone reading this and are near Sheffield you’re welcome to use it :)
No problem, PM me when you're all sorted. I'll mark this as gone :)
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 pm

synthedup wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 pm
Fantastic, just out in Tesco right now. Will sort the donation later and then drop you a message. Thanks again.
Anyone reading this and are near Sheffield you’re welcome to use it :)
Hi synthedup,

Did you still want this?

Kind regards
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Bump - will give synthedup until the weekend (as I've not heard anything yet and not received any PM either), but If I don't hear anything, this will be back up for grabs
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

User avatar
Z4C_er
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 am
Location: Wiltshire

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by Z4C_er » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am

Hi, If Synthedup drops out, I'll take it please.
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:21 am

Z4C_er wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am
Hi, If Synthedup drops out, I'll take it please.
I'll drop Synthedup a PM now and give him a chance to respond today, and will let you know tonight :thumbsup:
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

User avatar
Z4C_er
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 am
Location: Wiltshire

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by Z4C_er » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks Orion!
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

User avatar
Z4C_er
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 am
Location: Wiltshire

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by Z4C_er » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am

May I have this?
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

User avatar
IAmOrion
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Carly USB CABLE - for <= 2006 (Android OTG)

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Z4C_er wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am
May I have this?
I reckon so, I've not heard from synthedup and given it a couple of days - send me a PM with your details etc
Image
Carly/ISTA/INPA/XDiag Pro/EWS Key Coding - Cambridge CB22 Area - FREE (Donations accepted but never expected)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110150

Post Reply