Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help with posting pics from a DIY gps hotwire install

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Flycaster

Help with posting pics from a DIY gps hotwire install

Post by Flycaster » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:52 pm

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get my pics posted to the how-to forum. Here's what I've been doing:
1. Pics successfully uploaded to Photobucket
2. Pics are appropriate size for forum viewing
3. Pics copied in appropriate [img]http...[/img] directly from Photobucket and pasted into post field. I didn't hit the IMG button when pasting, but merely pasted the addresses of the pics directly into the post field.
4. On preview of the post, no pics showed up, just their addresses in Photobucket
5. When submitted, my text was there, but no pics and not even the pics addresses in PB.
2002 TiSil 325i, Step, SP; 2005 Merlot/Tan Z4, 2.5i, Step

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:55 pm

Have you copied the bottom code from photobucket?

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Wondermike wrote:Have you copied the bottom code from photobucket?
Most amamazing. I went back to PB to find the code you are referring to. The only "code" that I could see, were the codes at the bottom of each of my pics. And, these were the codes that I used-without desired results. However, as a reference, I put one of these codes into this reply and previewed it. Amazing, the pic was there. I can only think of one of two reasons that this happened. Either it takes some time before the pics can be seen via this method, or the internet gremlins are at work. Anyway, I'm going to try to post he whole DIY now on the How-To forum. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Flycaster on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 TiSil 325i, Step, SP; 2005 Merlot/Tan Z4, 2.5i, Step

Citation 650

Post by Citation 650 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Sounds like your doing it right, just paste it in the post field.